When oh when can i have veggies again...

Jevika
on 1/26/14 4:07 am
RNY on 12/13/13

I miss my veggies. Im scared to eat anything fibrous because all these post-op things say no-no, don't eat that.   But it's been 6 weeks and Im seriously dying for salad. I love chicken wraps, tuna wraps, cold shredded salads - how long? I can't find anything online. I'm not talking about killing them in dressing either. I like the flavor of cold crisp shredded lettuce with cabbage and carrots and OMNOMNOM!!!  Or steamed broccoli.... omg, im dying for flavor here. hahah

so seriously, oldschoolers - how long post-op before you found you could eat a salad or lettuce wrap? :)

Tiffaniejb
on 1/26/14 4:22 am

What does your program say??

i was allowed cooked veggies on my soft food stage.  I can have raw veggies at 2 months post op.  

I'm dying for crunchy veggies too!!  I have to wait until Feb 13th!!!

Jevika
on 1/26/14 4:51 am
RNY on 12/13/13

it's not exactly clear on the date per se, moreso what to avoid and why.  which is more difficult. hehe

Neaucora
on 1/26/14 4:32 am - AZ
RNY on 04/23/12

From what I saw and read on here and a couple other sites, the average was about 6 months. I grew up a vegetarian. I live off my gardens in the summer. So this journey has been hard for me too.  I now eat a salad for dinner everynight. With balsamic vinegrett. I acutally crave it. I just have problems with protiens. So if I do not get my full amount of protien in, I forgo the salad. :(  But it works like a reward for me. I know we are not supposed to reward ourselves with food. But if I can get my proteins in, I feel like I deserve a little salad. The only thing I cannot do now because of the surgery are carrots. I used to love raw carrot or beets out of the garden. NO NO NO. I will puke and heave till every single little tiny miniscule tiny crumble of carrot or beet is out. To the point of drinking a couple swallows of water just to throw up the crumbles to get them out.  Alas, I have a picky pouch. But all other veggies I have tried are ok. I would be very careful and chew chew chew if you decide to try around 4 months. I know it sucks, just be careful and take that first bite, chew chew chew and wait for 15 minutes to see what your pouch will do.  I can eat my carrots and beets cooked now. But not raw. And I am too scared to try raw broccoli. lol  so I am unsure of that too.  If I were you I would try something like cucumber without the peel first before cabbage. Maybe some tomato too. just please watch those carrots and, I am okay with cabbage now. lol. I actually ate a couple bites of  coleslaw the other day. I didnt even realize it. My blood sugar was low and we stopped at KFC. I ordered a grilled thigh. And I took a couple bites of hubbys coleslaw for the sugar to raise my bloodsugar. I didnt think about puking it up. wow. huh.  I dont remember getting sick anyways. lol.     best of wishes!

Another Fatone
on 1/26/14 5:07 am, edited 1/26/14 7:15 am - inglis, FL
RNY on 08/28/13

My program says you are ready for salad and most veggies. Some veggies may be lightly steamed if you do not tolerate them well.

PS: chew really well or get one of those royal belly aches...

5' 11" 73 year old Male

Started 314 Now 200

Beware the Statistics Quoters

SteveWebb
on 1/26/14 5:21 am - NC

I'm on my two week liquid diet, end of first week.  I just served beef and gravy over rice and steamed broccoli, cauliflower and carrots and cookies and bread.  I would have eaten a whole pan of the vegetables if my plan allowed it.  I'm hanging strong, not cheating but it is real hard.  Follow your plan and soon you will enjoy fresh vegs.  I think my plan makes me wait six months on the raw vegs.

Jeremiah 29:11 " For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end". 

poet_kelly
on 1/26/14 5:21 am - OH

What post op things say not to eat salad?  What does your plan say?

My plan had me on a regular diet eating just about anything at six weeks out. 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

SteveWebb
on 1/26/14 6:42 am - NC

It's either 3 or 6 months on raw vegetables because of the roughage.  That's what they have set up under our plan.  I try to remember to check my paperwork when I get home.  I'll let you know.

Jeremiah 29:11 " For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end". 

poet_kelly
on 1/26/14 7:06 am - OH

I'd definitely stick with your plan, whatever it says.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

SteveWebb
on 1/26/14 5:22 am - NC

PS I'm at work and just served that to the jail.  I didn't eat any!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 431 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 364 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 447 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 364 views