Dating after weightloss

Goofeegrl_42
on 1/24/14 6:43 am - Princeton, TX

Still learning this new way of life. It's tuff. I'm a single mom of 2 girls, 14 & 21... Wanting to search for my best friend/soulmate... One who understands the whole weight thing! Any suggestions? 

TurnThePage
on 1/24/14 8:01 am

There are lots of online dating services (just google them), but this is not one of them.

Join local organizations, churches, groups of interest and be as actively involved as possible. 

Good luck!

Goofeegrl_42
on 1/24/14 12:57 pm - Princeton, TX

I think that's the problem. I'm so involved in my youngest daughters career that I've forgotten about me. I am searching for a new church too. Thank you!

Mary Catherine
on 1/24/14 8:08 am

As appealing as they make the dating websites, it is highly unlikely you are going to be able to put in your requirements and get a computer generated perfect man.

One hint is that the best matches for you will come up as soon as you join a site.  Most people think if someone this awesome comes up the first week, I am going to wait for someone a lot better.

Your choices normally will go down the longer you are on a site.

Goofeegrl_42
on 1/24/14 12:56 pm - Princeton, TX

I'm too cheap to pay for those sites lol!!

Don 1962
on 1/24/14 8:49 am

Look under forums, click on see all and scroll down to "Weight Loss Singles".  Kind of a slow board but lots of info in old threads.

In my five years since getting divorced with one or two exceptions I have only been involved with women who had WLS.  One I met here on OH several months after surgery and were together for some time in GA.  When I moved back to TX I got on Match, Plenty of Fish and eHarmony.  I met WLS patients on two of the three.  One from eHarmony I married about eight months ago!  It is great to date folks that "get it" about WLS but don't let that be your only selection criteria. WLS patients are cheap dates though.  After all we don't eat much and can get plastered on one drink! kiss

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

Goofeegrl_42
on 1/24/14 12:55 pm - Princeton, TX

Haha... That's too funny. I've heard of those. Guess I'm just scared is all. Glad you found 💜

vickim69
on 1/24/14 10:49 am

All I can say is when I was not looking I met someone who completely understands the weight thing.  I went to a different place for my WLS support meetings and by accident I ended up meeting the love of my life. Not only did he understand, but we are each others biggest support. Good luck!

RNY 2/18/13  Pre 2 wk Optifast diet: 255   Surgery weight: 240    Current weight: 186.2

Goofeegrl_42
on 1/24/14 12:51 pm - Princeton, TX

Awe how awesome!! That's what they say, when your not looking. I'm just praying and trying to be patient :)

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 291 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 216 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 283 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 145 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 216 views