doing well one week out

dccyr
on 2/9/14 9:33 pm

So far so good.  I was able to get in two 8 oz. protein drinks yesterday and 32oz of water through out the day.  Pain is very manageable.  Today my drainaige tube will be removed.  Walking 20 minutes a day broken up through out the day.  Each day is getting better and better.  My support system has been terrific, they can't believe I am doing this well after such a short time after surgery.  Just wish I could sleep on my side, but that will come.  My most important goal is follow my drs program to the T.  I want the best outcome over long term, and no matter how I would like a scrambled egg,  I will be patient and follow what my dr. says.  After all, I haven't always shown the best judgment when it comes to food choices.  

gtrdyfor50
on 2/9/14 9:54 pm
RNY on 10/08/13
Sounds like you are doing great! Getting that darn tube out was big for me, felt so much better after that.

PetHairMagnet
on 2/9/14 10:01 pm
RNY on 05/13/13
On February 10, 2014 at 5:33 AM Pacific Time, dccyr wrote:

So far so good.  I was able to get in two 8 oz. protein drinks yesterday and 32oz of water through out the day.  Pain is very manageable.  Today my drainaige tube will be removed.  Walking 20 minutes a day broken up through out the day.  Each day is getting better and better.  My support system has been terrific, they can't believe I am doing this well after such a short time after surgery.  Just wish I could sleep on my side, but that will come.  My most important goal is follow my drs program to the T.  I want the best outcome over long term, and no matter how I would like a scrambled egg,  I will be patient and follow what my dr. says.  After all, I haven't always shown the best judgment when it comes to food choices.  

So glad things are going well for you!

FWIW, while my husband was REALLY wanting an egg, when he was finally cleared for one, it took a single bite and he was done with it. I am 8 months out and just now can eat a whole large egg. 

One 'technique' I use is thinking of all the foods I *can* eat and chosing what I do eat on a daily basis. I know right now that is not on your plan, but when an egg is on your plan, try telling yourself that you could eat X/Y/Z and then making the choice not to will empower you. It surely empowers me when I look at it that way. There is nothing I *cannot have* there are many things I CHOOSE not to have and each day I am making choices that put me in control of my life. 

Hope you are able to get the liquid intake up soon, but two shakes a week out is super, IMO!

WHOO HOO! Let the losing begin! :)

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

SteveWebb
on 2/10/14 12:28 am - NC

It's been a week for me too!  I am doing ok, it doesn't take much to make me exhausted though.  I am getting in the required fluids during the day.  Taking pills in a chore, I've almost gotton sick from that.  Keep up the good work and we'll both lose a bunch.

Jeremiah 29:11 " For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end". 

dccyr
on 2/10/14 12:35 am

my doc is not pushing the pills at this time more concerned about proteins and liquids, the rest will come, taking the protonix every day and some pain killers still.  Got tube out today and down -14 since liquid diet and surgery. feel good.  

Lisa P.
on 2/12/14 6:40 am
RNY on 02/10/14

My surgery was on Monday.  I can get in all the fluid and fortunately I was never had nausea.  They removed the drain today but the area is still sore.  One day at a time.  Good luck!

Most Active