WTF???

Ehbeagle
on 2/7/14 11:03 pm - Virginia beach, VA

I will be 4 months out on Monday; I've lost 90 lbs.  This week I get on the scale to a 5 lb gain!  I haven't changed anything with my eating, getting my water and protein in, and taking my vitamins.  I have increased the intensity of my exercise though, but I was NOT expecting a gain!  Am I getting ready to go into a stall?  Has anyone else experienced this so early out?  Thanks 

Amy, Daredevil
Extraordinaire

on 2/7/14 11:40 pm - Los Angeles, CA
DS on 08/06/13

I googled it because this happens to me, too. Whenever I start working out harder or start a new type of workout, my weight stalls for about a week. I found this:

"Your muscles retain water when you either change the exercise you are doing or increase the intensity. This causes a gain on the scale which will drop shortly."

Makes sense. Water weight makes you fluctuate all the time. If you are still eating the same as you were, then it would be impossible to gain 5 pounds of fat in one week!

*DS with Dr. Ara Keshishian on 08/06/13* SW: 231 CW: 131 GW: 119 * Check out My YouTube Channel: AmysDSJourney *

sonyamarie75
on 2/7/14 11:47 pm - OH
RNY on 08/20/13 with

It's happened to me too when I bumped up my exercise. I ended up gaining 4 lbs the last time... It took a couple of weeks for the scale to start moving again but when it did the weight started dropping fast (almost like the beginning that first week-- then it slowed down a little)... Hang in there. Try to not be discouraged with the number on the scale because you KNOW you are are working your way towards success! The scale will start moving again. :)

Sonya B, Toledo, Ohio- RNY  08/20/13  

Ehbeagle
on 2/8/14 1:41 am - Virginia beach, VA

Thanks ladies!  This really helps.  I know I am loosing inches because my clothes are getting looser, but to see a 5 lb increase in one week was disheartening.

PetHairMagnet
on 2/8/14 10:34 am
RNY on 05/13/13

I gain exactly 5 lbs with my period each month. And if your first stall ever is at 4 months out--you're doing pretty awesome!

See what happens after two weeks of the same intensity of exercise and really hydrating the heck out of your body, too!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!