Friend's surgeon closing local office-now 8 hours away

Jen Lyn
on 2/19/14 8:16 pm, edited 2/19/14 8:16 pm
RNY on 11/11/13

My friend just had her 2 year check up for RNY.  Her surgeon had three offices but now is only going to have one 8 hours away. Money is tight.  Can she just see her primary to keep doing labs?

Ocalasam
on 2/19/14 9:00 pm
RNY on 12/18/12

I'm only one year out and I only see my PCP for my RNY stuff now.  They just need to be able to order the correct, comprehensive labs every year.  My PCP is actually better at going over my labs than my surgeon's office was.  I don't see why it would be a problem. 

poet_kelly
on 2/19/14 9:48 pm - OH

Lots of people see their PCP for longterm follow up and labs.  She might need to take her PCP a list of the labs she needs done, many PCPs don't know what labs to order for RNY patients.  But as long as the PCP is willing to order the labs, then that's fine.

I've been having my PCP do my labs for the last few years.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

chulbert
on 2/19/14 10:47 pm, edited 2/19/14 10:47 pm - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

Absolutely fine.  Just try to get your surgeon a copy of the results plus your annual measurements for his or her records.  We need all the long-term data we can get!

Most Active
Recent Topics