Cookies!

averybyrd
on 3/3/14 5:27 am

I found this recipe online and thought I'd tweak and try it. They're in the oven now, but I know the batter (pre-egg) was delicious! I'll update you once they're out and cooled (in about 20 minutes).

Below is my recipe (with the changes I made)

Ingredients:

1/2 c natural, no sugar added peanut butter

1/2 egg 

1/2 tsp vanilla

protein powder (I used a full serving of Invisiwhey)

sweetener (I used stevia)

1. Preheat oven to 350

2. Mix ingredients

3. Roll into 12 1-inch balls (or if you're me, make 11 and give up trying to even them out)

4. Press onto well-greased pan or parchment paper

5. Make the fork marks on the top (because, well, you have to)

6. Bake for 10 minutes

7. Let cool completely before removing. (Apparently they're crumbly)

My Fitness Pal tells me they are around 80 calories and 4 grams of protein each - so not great, but better than a regular cookie!

averybyrd
on 3/3/14 5:36 am

The verdict is in: They're really crumbly - kind of powdery almost. And they're not very sweet, which is probably mostly due to the Stevia being a bad choice for baking. Expecting a real cookie, I was disappointed, but I'm not sad I made or ate one. I don't think I'd serve them to my normal cookie-eating friends, though. 

Ideas about how to improve these?

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/3/14 12:53 pm

I use more stevia, plus a pinch of salt, andf much more vanilla. The batter needs to much more sweet than the cookies you plan to eat.  

Many people can taste the stevia aftertaste.  Addingb bit of coconut milk (1-2 TBS) make masked them less crumbly.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

dragonlove
on 3/3/14 6:05 am
RNY on 11/20/13

I had a recipe similar to that several years ago... it was 

1 c Peanut Butter

1 egg

1 c Splenda

1 tsp vanilla.

We adapted it to have two eggs and it is much more like a cookie.  Also, *if* you can find the fat-free peanut butter (we can't any more) they really turned out awesome and could even be made as soft cookies if you wanted. 

Pam (RNY: 11/20/2013)

averybyrd
on 3/3/14 6:21 am

Really? FF is softer? I would have guessed it'd go the other way. 

I see a lot of people using baking soda in their recipes. I wonder if that would change anything.  Maybe next time I'll do more egg. 

Most Active
Recent Topics