My 600 pound Mom

Code3 ~CeCe~
on 3/10/14 1:21 pm, edited 3/10/14 1:27 pm - San Diego, CA

I don't post much but I come on here every day!  Anyone else watching the 600 pound mom on TLC?  Breaks my heart! Poor Dominique!  Makes me want to cry!!! And her children who take care of her... Man, I can't stand it! That could have been me!  So sad.

Cindy S.
San Diego, CA

262/125/121
START/GOAL/CURRENT
MyLady Heidi
on 3/10/14 1:52 pm

She's lucky she wasn't my mom, I would put her on an 800 calorie diet and water, until she lost weight to have surgery. I have no sympathy for people who are trying to kill themselves with food and I wouldn't help them die.  I had to turn it off.

ShebasMom
on 3/10/14 2:02 pm
Revision on 07/05/16

It is sad.  Have you watched the 2nd show continuation of Dominique? Now that was sad.  :(

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/10/14 3:02 pm

Most people dont get to that size without family our friends "help".  I think the family are 3eeeworse for enabling the overeating.   My mother had diabetes and my sister was buying her ceee3ee3eandies ddedded3deand cakes.  We had fights every time I've seen that.  I coulkd no****ch that.  My mother died a few years later.    I believe my sister contributed to my mother dead. But since they were both adults - there was nothing I could do.   My sister excuses : "I bought that for her because she liked it." 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

CerealKiller Kat71
on 3/11/14 12:55 am
RNY on 12/31/13

Some of the posts here are pretty harsh.  

When I see 600 pound people, my heart hurts for them.  There's an illness there -- one that infects an entire family. I haven't see this show, but I would guess that children raised by someone with this illness would likely learn what they have lived.  Children of alcoholics often become alcoholics or enablers.  Children of morbidly obese families often become obese and/or enablers.  

I try not to pass judgment on other people, in the same way I hope people will show compassion towards me.  

I hope this woman and her family is getting the help they need.  

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

QoftheU
on 3/11/14 6:54 am - Bay Area/Silicon Valley, CA
Revision on 12/18/13

My response to your sister would be, "If Mom was a heroin addict would you bring her heroin cuz she 'liked it'"?  I'd like to think NOT... but then the sickness of co-dependence usually has little, to no boundaries.

Leslie - Band Revision to RNY - best thing ever!   HW: 234   SW: 222  CW: Ticker  GW: 130

Most Active
Recent Topics