my weight loss in 2 years

sarahmathis1681
on 3/17/14 1:14 pm
RNY on 02/13/12

ok ive lost 75 percent of what im wanting to lose i still have about 80 pounds to go i was hoping by 2 years out i would have dropped all the weight please help of the 310 pounds i wanted to lose ive lost 230 pounds im 25 months post op seems like this last 80 pounds im having trouble dropping im walking and plan on doing water aerobics this summer hopefully i will get the rest off im proud of what ive lost but im not happy with where im at 

http://www.weight-loss-center.net

birdiegirl
on 3/17/14 7:06 pm

Hi Sarah

First - congrats on losing 230 pounds.....that is a great accomplishment......

Exercise is great for overall fitness and vitality......but it will basically all boil down to what you eat.....

Your calorie count has likely gone up over the past few months.....its a natural occurrence to be able to consume more with a fully mature pouch.......so you will need to find out what your set point is calorically and then go below that to lose

I am fairly active.....usually over 10,000 steps each day plus weights twice per week etc etc.....however, as stated I do this for a sense of well being and mobility.....I don't believe I can exercise myself thin...I can eat 1700 - 2000 per day to maintain......so to lose I go to 1200 - 1500....and try to get in some lower calorie days in the 900 - 1200 range to lose......

So, figure out what your calorie limit is.....and how fast you want to lose.....and deduct calories from there....its damn hard work....but do-able....also - I think you will still have some calorie malabsorption past 24 months  which should help you along the way.........I still think I malabsorb fats.....but this is anecdotal and not scientific fact.....

Good luck......walking and aerobics sound great......and they will get your metabolism moving.....but really concentrate on your eats.....to me that is absolutely the key

DangerGirl
on 3/20/14 4:08 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 08/17/12

Sarah,

I know it's really hard when you look ahead and the goal seems so far away but don't forget to pause, breathe, and remember when how far you've come!  You've lost 230lbs!!!!  

THAT'S AWESOME!!!!  

That's like 23 car tires ... or ... 2 new born calfs and a small bail of hay ... or ... a new born baby giraffe and a 2 month old pony!!!!!! (http://www.sparkpeople.com/mypage_public_journal_individual.asp?blog_id=3421351)

I'm a year and a half post-surgery, I really fell of the exercise train over the winter and put on about 10lbs (making me about 40 from goal)  I was beating myself up that I couldn't quite push myself to the end but then I stopped and really looked at where I am in my journey.  Yes - I could lose another 40, sure.  But already I'm slimmer than I was in high-school ... AND I'M 42!!!!.  Last year I bought a bike and started to commute to work and home (about 40 minutes each way).  I also started to roller skate once a week and now I've almost qualified to be on a roller-derby team!!!!  

Sometimes, it's also not about the numbers goal but the quality of life goal.  Sure, I have 40 still to lose for "goal" ... but I'm healthier and more active than I have ever been in my entire life and that feels amazing.  

Keep up the great work - you will get there!

Most Active
Recent Topics