Honeymoon period?

Candy V.
on 3/18/14 8:55 pm - MI
RNY on 09/12/12

I think I am still in the honeymoon, even though I have not lost in 6 mths.  From what I have read on OH, it seem that after two years the maintenance is more difficult.  SCARES me!   I maintain fairly easily a 3 pound range, below goal weight.  I stopped losing at one year post op.

RNY 9/12    TT 9/13    HT 5' 4"   HW 250    SW 242   CW 125

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want a group invite?  Send a PM  

Katie B.
on 3/18/14 8:57 pm

I am 9 months out and haven't lost a thing for 2 months. I haven't changed anything the way I'm eat our exercising the scale just isn't moving! 

DreamingforTomorrow
on 3/18/14 9:08 pm - Canada
RNY on 06/19/13

Hi Katie, I am 9 months out today. I'm with you, the last few months have been extremely slow for me for weight loss. It plays head games with you! I'm trying to not be discouraged and sticking to my plan of protein first, low carbs and daily exercise. I guess that I'll just have to get used to the sloooooow progression now. Stick with it girl! :-)

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/18/14 9:09 pm

maybe your body got used to the diet and needs changing. 

What You did until now worked - but now - you are smaller  and have different needs. you need to change what and how much you eat to  start losing  again.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/18/14 9:02 pm

For app 2 year I could not eat enough to keep my weight.. but approximately 2 years out  - I gained 30 lbs.and I had really hard time to lose 10 of it.  still working on the other 10... (10 gain was intentional the rest - just came along..) 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Ocalasam
on 3/19/14 1:25 am
RNY on 12/18/12

I am 15 months out and have reached my goal weight.  I think I will still lose for a while, but not much.  I've only lost a few pounds in the last few months.  It's very slow after about a year or the closer you are to goal.

siberiancat
on 3/19/14 2:43 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN

I lost until 24 months out and reached my goal.  I did stay below goal for about 2 years, then put on 7 pounds and purposely worked that 7 pounds off and am back at under goal.

It is so individual.  I'm currently keeping a food diary(for last 2 months & current) and it is helping me to be accountable.  I think I will need to do a few months of food diary every year - just to keep on track.

Penny

Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

MyLady Heidi
on 3/19/14 3:47 am

At nearly 4 years, it was easy and then it wasn't without me changing anything about how I ate.  Now I am very careful and still at goal.  I went to the doctor yesterday and by her scale weighed 131 which is about 4lbs more then my scale.

LeAnne0603
on 6/13/14 10:51 pm - WI
RNY on 06/18/13

I am almost 1yr post op and still losing. I am 5lbs away from my goal of 135. The last 5 months the weight loss has been very slow but u need to up your protein and exercise more. I go to the gym 5-6 times a week and do cardio for a min. Of an hour and weight train 2x a week. My calorie intake is less than 1000 a day. I probably burn 600 calories at the gym if not more. I know this may sound extreme but I have never felt better in my life and im finally able to run. Will be doing a 5k in july!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics