What's on the menu today, RNY-ers?

Dcgirl
on 3/27/14 1:13 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hola everyone! I think I've cracked the code to getting 100+ g of protein for the first time today! 

Thanks for all of your great support and recipe ideas!

Time since surgery: 14.5 weeks

B: 1.5 Oz maple turkey deli meat, slice muenster cheese

L: 3 Oz maple deli turkey, one slice muenster cheese (original, I know!)

S: Syntrax simply vanilla protein shake made with unsweetened almond milk

D: leftovers again of 4 Oz of 99% fat free ground turkey with taco seasoning, hot sauce, and light Mexican shredded cheese

This brings my totals to 102 g of protein!!! First time ever! And 690 calories, 27 g of fat, 14 carbs. 

E: ugh due to my late start I am going to try to do 45 mins on treadmill at work

W: none yet. Gonna catch up

V: errrrrrr

What's on your menu today? Em

JJ0609
on 3/27/14 1:21 am

Good day everyone! I am really crunching my numbers to lose these last 8 lbs.

B: Chocolate protein energy shake

D: White Bean Chicken Chili

S: Italian Herb Flatbread Pizza

Snack: Cinnamon Bun Granola Bar 

Water & Vitamins

“Let someone love you just the way you are – as flawed as you might be, as unattractive as you sometimes feel, and as unaccomplished as you think you are. To believe that you must hide all the parts of you that are broken, out of fear that someone else is incapable of loving what is less than perfect, is to believe that sunlight is incapable of entering a broken window and illuminating a dark room.”― Marc Hack

Ht:5'4 SW:268 CW:127.2 GW:125 RNY 06/09 Stomach/colon revision 11/13  

Daisydoo02
on 3/27/14 1:29 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Hi DC!! CONGRATS on "breaking the 100 g protein code" LOL LOL too funny!  It can be done as long as you menu plan, plan, plan!  And adding in a protein shake helps tremendously too, just my opinion!  I love bacon and for me personally I save it as a weekend "treat".  I have to say you rock when it comes to keeping your carbs so low!! Keep up the great work!

B: one cup of skim milk with two scoops of chocolate protein powder

L: left over open face fajitas, 2.5 oz of chicken, approx 1/2 cup of onions & bell pepper (only chicken, onions & bell pepper, no tortilla)

S: One babybel cheese

D: 3 oz of grilled chicken and 1/2 cup red bell pepper in General Tao sauce

S: One babybel cheese and 1/2 cup sliced peeled apple dipped in teaspoon peanut butter

Stats: 656 calories  26 Carbs  96 Protein

Exercise: so far Fitbit says I have walked 1.5 kms around work and will go out for a walk at lunch and a hike with the dogs after work

Vits: half done for the day, just Calcium & D and B12 left to go

Water: not so great today, need to kick that into high gear, only 16 oz so far

Have a great day everyone,

Daisy 

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Dcgirl
on 3/27/14 4:12 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi Daisy!  I am obsessed with your cauliflower dippers in your other post and in fact just made plans with a coworker who is on Weigh****chers to make those one night together.  Not until early may, sadly, but still!  I looooove chicken fajitas with no tortilla.  I do use some cheese and a tiny bit of sour cream and guac :)  It just makes me so happy.

Have you ever tried unsweetened almond milk?  No judgement on carbs or calories because you obviously do REALLY well but for me, it's less carbs and calories so I can eat something else tasty :)  I can't tell a difference in taste with protein powder mixed in :)

Have a great day too!

Daisydoo02
on 3/27/14 4:19 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

That's actually a great idea to make the Cauliflower dippers with a co-worker.  Maybe I will make a date with my Mom and make them with her, she is always bugging me for "what am I eating these days" and she LOVES cauliflower!  I love all food that has a Mexican twist/flavour profile!!  I do add a tiny bit of cheese and hot taco sauce to my fajitas.  I must get some guac one of these days, I see a lot of people eat it and I just never think to get it.  

Funny you mention the unsweetened almond milk, I have a large skim milk container in the fridge right now that is half full and I have on my weekend grocery shopping list to pick up some of the almond milk, you read my mind!  Like you said I am sure I won't even notice it with the chocolate protein powder.

queenbmamafranks
on 3/27/14 3:10 am
RNY on 12/19/13

Hey DC girl! Wow! 102 grams of protein? You rock! I was getting in the 80's and thought that was good. I cut out ff milk yesterday and started using unsweetened almond milk to cut back on carbs and cals. So I'm pushing to get 70 grams of protein in but I got to the 80s today! I also had to cut back on cheese because I was .... Well things weren't happening as easily for me. Lol

Time since surgery: 14 weeks

B: 6 T of southwestern egg beaters, 1 slice bacon, 1/2 slice cheddar cheese, salsa

S: whole lemon with salt

L: 9 whole grain crackers, 1 oz roasted red pepper hummus, 2oz cracked pepper turkey, 3 grape tomatoes, 1 spear of pickle

S: 8oz unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 1 scoop strawberry protein powder

D: 3 Parmesan crisps, 1 pouch ranch tuna, 3 grape tomatoes

686 cals, 82 g protein, 47g carbs, 26 g fat, 12 g fiber

Carb count is a little high but it's mostly good carbs. Can you believe that darn lemon has 8 grams of carbs! Also, I'm really trying to up my fiber.

V: on track

E: 30 min elliptical

W: I'm increasing my I take. Going to the bathroom all the time! Lol

oh and I lost another 2.2 pounds this week. Doesn't look like I'm going to lose more than 16 pounds in the next couple of weeks to reach onederland before my next doctor appointment. My surgeon told me he expected to see me with a 1 as my first number in my weight. Must up my exercise!

Dcgirl
on 3/27/14 4:14 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

2.2 lbs this week is amazing!  I have never been over like 80 g of protein but today I am having pretty much no carbs, and by having turkey (high in protein) for all three meals PLUS a shake, I am over 100.  Insane!  I pray it keeps the hair loss away!!!!!

I can't give up cheese.  My secret is taking Senolac (a natural laxative) every couple of days before bed, and when I wake up, I am good to go :)  Twice I have had to take two because one didn't do it and two DOES it!  LOL

queenbmamafranks
on 3/27/14 7:33 am
RNY on 12/19/13

Sadly, my hair loss has begun. I cried when I washed my hair and saw the hair loss begin. I believe healthy fat are essential to hair growth. So I added nuts. Could be why my weight loss has slowed a little but I realize it is due to slow down. I also am taking a fish oil pill with my biotin. Nut said it was ok and the pill slides down easily. Before surgery I was taking biotin and a fish oil pill. I noticed my hair getting healthier in about 6 months. My hair has been crazy since surgery. It just feels awful and now the hair loss has begun.

i took 3 senolac w/stool softener last night and nothing this morning. Ugh...

Dcgirl
on 3/27/14 7:40 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

OMG if I took three Senolac I would not be able to leave the bathroom!  Funny how bodies are so different.  I am terrified of hair loss, not that it would have changed my decision.  I'd rather be smaller, healthier and bald lol.  But so far, although I may have a little more hair in the brush in the morning, I am praying!

I bought some $17 Redken protein spray that I mix with conditioner and put on my hair for five minutes.  I also only wash my hair every other or every third day.  Day 1 and 2 it looks good, and day 3 I may do a pony tail.  I figure the less I mess with it and blow dry it, the more chance I have that it doesn't all fall out!  LOL

Cunning_Pam
on 3/27/14 6:03 am
RNY on 12/18/13

I never thought I'd give up skim milk, but I switched to the unsweetened almond milk too. Since I'm only drinking it in shakes, it's fine.

If you want to up fiber and having a hard time doing it just through food sources, you might want to try Benefiber. I stir a little bit into whatever I'm making myself if it has liquid, and it "hides" really well. I put it in cottage cheese, yogurt, shakes, even savory dishes like soups and stews. I think it's helped me avoid the dreaded constipation dragon.

Good for you on being so close to Onederland! Keep it up, and you may reach it before that appointment yet.

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 466 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 425 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 441 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views