6 Days Post Op....doing ok

MaryAnn1972
on 4/8/14 6:27 am

Hey all...well I am 6 days post op. For the most part I feel good. Nothing however can prepare you for the emotions of the "buyers remorse" period. Holy cow. I am struggling bad. Everywhere I look there is food. I am struggling with the emotions of not being able to eat anything but pureed with no texture. I know this will pass soon but wow....just praying somehow it gets easier soon. Would like the crying to stop and the smiles to begin :)

Mary

Cunning_Pam
on 4/8/14 6:43 am
RNY on 12/18/13

I'm sorry you're going through that. But you're right, nothing can really prepare you, you just kind of have to soldier through it. And you will! It will begin getting easier very soon, I promise you. And in a short time, you'll see that number on the scale start to drop, and you'll get past the worst of the food cravings, and things will get better. They will!

You can start smiling right now, knowing that you've done something wonderful for yourself. Congratulations!

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

dragonlove
on 4/8/14 7:28 am
RNY on 11/20/13

Hang in there! Hopefully once you start seeing the scale move, it will be easier on you.

Remember - just because it is pureed food with no texture, doesn't mean it has to be flavorless!  Try some bold flavors - take a spicy chicken dish and puree it!  Flavor can help you get through this stage without feeling too deprived. Just concentrate on boosting the flavor of the foods you are allowed without adding fat.  I hope that helps!

Pam (RNY: 11/20/2013)

southernpeachnc
on 4/8/14 8:00 am

Hang in there! Come here to complain to get you thru it.  We all know the emotions. I just wanted to let you know in case you don't know you needn't suffer so bad.  A WLS person named Shelly started a website years ago and she has loads of info you should know as well as the huge volumn of WLS recipes.  Specifically for you now the Soft food stage.  I'm copying a web page of hers.  Do scroll to the bottom of the page and if you don't make anything but this you'll love me for sending it.  She has years worth of recipes.  Simple to make.  It will get better! 

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2007/08/pureed-foods.html

Can't Never Did Nothin !!  

MaryAnn1972
on 4/8/14 8:23 am

Thank you all so much for the great advice and website. Thats definitely why I always come on here cause you all know what I am going through and know what to say to make it a bit more bearable. I will hang in there and check your stuff out. I have been so afraid to eat anything other than greek yogurt..applesauce..cottage cheese..and jello. I know it will help to venture out of the box a bit....

Wish me luck!!!

Mary

southernpeachnc
on 4/8/14 8:27 am

I forgot to tell you Shelly's recipe for Shelly's Baked Ricotta is a delicious change of pace while in the soft diet phase.  Pretty much most people at this site is well aware of the "Eggface" site.  I still don't understand why she named it this.  

Darkwingdc
on 4/8/14 1:08 pm - MI

Egg face site???????

southernpeachnc
on 4/9/14 12:03 am

I'm the person that sent you the web page for info and recipes at the soft stage.  She has numerous recipes for all stages and info.  Most of us use this site alot.  Shelly's website is called The World According to Eggface.  I know it's a strange title.  But you should read over this site!

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2007/08/pureed-foods.html

Darkwingdc
on 4/9/14 4:37 am - MI

O g what a AWSOME website. 

2bTinkerbell
on 4/9/14 8:25 am - PA

Hi Mary,I too am 6 days post op struggling with the same things. I'm on a clear liquid diet, & when my hubby makes dinner, I just want to gobble everything. The smell is killer!!! The TV is just as bad or worse with all the food commercials. My hubby actually sat next to me last night & ate a bowl of chocolate peanut butter ice cream (my fave). He asked if he should eat in the kitchen, but I told him no. I have to overcome my issue with food. So I'm just dealing with it. Just let your emotions flow. I'm told it's totally normal! If I feel like crying, I do, if I feel like laughing, I do. If I feel angry, I let my family know so they can brace themselves. Facing this head on knowing it can only get better is my saving grace.

Even though this is difficult, I keep thinking of how I'm going to feel when I go to the beach in August. It makes me smile thinking about wearing a cute sundress or swimsuit, so I've been checking out all the clothes I want to wear when I reach goal. I too have been praying for help through this & trust that it will get easier! Hugs for you & I hope your prayers are answered.

Ann B.

Most Active
Recent Topics