Any substitute for the chicken broth ?

Manny32
on 4/11/14 7:14 am - miami, FL
RNY on 04/08/14

I cant stand the taste or the smell of the chicken broth after surgery it makes me  like i want to puke  can anyone tell me any protein intake for this early liquid phase after surgery ?

poet_kelly
on 4/11/14 7:37 am - OH

Chicken broth is very low in protein anyway.

Beef stock (not broth) would be a good source of protein.

If you're on clear liquids, then a clear protein drink, like Isopure or Cytomax

If you're on full liquids, then protein shakes, yogurt, cream soups with protein powder added.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Manny32
on 4/11/14 7:54 am - miami, FL
RNY on 04/08/14

thank you :)

Cunning_Pam
on 4/11/14 7:56 am
RNY on 12/18/13

I'd definitely try the Isopure RTD. Plenty of protein, plus it will help you get fluids in.

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

AnnyBananny
on 4/11/14 8:45 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Not sure how your program progresses, but for me the first week out I could only have clear liquids: water (with Crystal Lite or the like), broth, SF jello and popsicles. I also thought the chicken broth was gross, so I had beef broth, which I found to be very satisfying. They didn't even want me to think about protein until week 2 when I went to full liquids.

My point? Try beef broth!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

Manny32
on 4/11/14 10:15 am - miami, FL
RNY on 04/08/14

thank you

poet_kelly
on 4/11/14 10:19 am - OH

Why didn't they want you to drink clear protein drinks?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

AnnyBananny
on 4/11/14 10:41 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Honestly I have no idea - I really didn't even know clear protein drinks existed until recently reading posts here. It just wasn't on my plan.

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

Scarlette B.
on 4/11/14 10:57 am, edited 4/11/14 10:59 am - TX
RNY on 03/20/14

2 cups Lactaid milk with 3 tablespoons of organic dry milk ..30 protien

Unless it has to be clear... I drank this from day 2

LilySlim Weight loss tickers  

cajungirl
on 4/12/14 2:59 am

The packets in Ramon noodle soup were a lifesaver for me early out. Much more flavorable than other chicken broth. I just threw the noodles away. 

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Most Active
Recent Topics