1 Year Surgiversary

RebYitzchak
on 4/18/14 6:54 am - FL
RNY on 04/17/13

We used to go on Royal Caribbean, but switched to Princess about six years ago. We love Princess, and if it ain't broke, don't fix it. 

Certainly, things this time were a lot different. I used the stairs almost exclusively. I was at the gym everyday. Instead of cabs, when we got off the ship we walked everywhere. 

Most importantly, and us formally bigger folk who cruise know what I mean, I actually could move my arms in the shower to lather up. 

RNY - 4/17/13     HW - 463  SW - 428  CW - 263

jenorama
on 4/18/14 8:02 am - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

Oh man, those showers are so tiny!  We cruise Norwegian and this last cruise, I thought the shower door was going to pop open when I bent over to wash my feet and legs!  I am really looking forward to being able to do all the fun stuff they have on ships these days like the rock climbing walls, ropes course, extreme drop slides...I want to do everything!  :D

How did you handle eating?  I imagine the buffet wasn't much of a factor, or did you do buffet so you could do smaller portions?  Did you do any specialty restaurants?

We walked a lot in Bermuda last May when I was at my heaviest, but I got really tired and we ended up not really even leaving the ship on the last day in port.  That was kind of nice because we could use the pool without it being super crowded, but kind of a bummer because I felt like we weren't able to make the most of our Bermuda time.

We're doing Alaska next year and I'm very excited.  I am really glad to hear you were able to be a lot more active on your latest adventure!  :D

Jen

Karen R.
on 4/17/14 3:27 pm
RNY on 04/14/13

Yay!  You're looking good.  Congratulations on all your success.  Keep up the good work and you'll be at goal in no time.  :-)

5'4" | Pre Surgery BMI:  40.7 | Current BMI:  20.8 | SW:  237 |  CW:  121 |  GW:  125

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Most Active
Recent Topics