What to eat for Easter dinner

Grandmaneice
on 4/20/14 12:47 am
RNY on 03/24/14

Going to my moms for dinner today..I will have a little bit of ham, a T of mashed potatoes and carrots or broccoli.  I will be 4 weeks tomorrow.  We then will go to my SIL house afterwards.. Taking a protein shake and some yogurt, just in case..  This will be the first real test, they are celebrating our neices b-day today..no one on my husbands side of the family knows I had surgery.  There will be lots of good fattening food, but I will play with my grandson.  They all know on my side.

Any other ideas?  What's everyone else going to have.

molly3613
on 4/20/14 1:42 am - TX
RNY on 01/24/13

Well I am close to 15 months out and 112 lbs. lost but still very cautious.  I will have a tiny slice of ham (haven't had ham yet all this time) a Tablespoon or two of broccoli rice casserole, 1/2 deviled egg and salad.  We are having strawberry short cake for desert.  Sugar free angel food cake, sugar free cool whip and sliced strawberries. I will just have some sliced strawberries.  And iced tea ... No wine.  For breakfast this morning I had protein coffee, 1/2 cup eggbeaters and some fruit.  I will have a protein shake mid afternoon then Easter dinner about 6:00.  That should do it for a good day.  I rarely get traditionally hungry.  It is just an empty feeling and if I don't eat I do get lightheaded.  Plenty of warning though.  Maybe some skinny pop as a late snack.  I will see when I get there if I want popcorn ... Just 1 cup.

Bsheldon
on 4/20/14 2:32 am

We had our Easter dinner yesterday. Lucky for me, I did all the cooking! I am only just over a week out of surgery, but I was still able to eat a few things from my week 2 diet list. I had a deviled egg (fat free), about 1T of mashed potatoes (fat & lactose free), and about 1T of green bean casserole (just because it looked so yummy). Actually that is what I had on my plate, I only ate about 1/2 of that or maybe a little more. No problems, no nausea. That was around lunchtime. I had water for breakfast, LOL. Then later that evening I had about a half of one of those individual sugar-free applesauce cups. That was my Easter! And lots of water.

Today, I think I am going to make french toast for my husband for brunch. I am going to try a piece with some sugar free syrup. I have heard bread is hard to tolerate, but this will be soaked in egg and soft, so I am hoping it works.

Surgery Date: 4/10/14 HW-279 SW-270 CW-144 GW-140

saterry
on 4/20/14 9:27 am - IN
Revision on 10/03/13

Crock pot rabbit with veggies.....yup we have a sick sense of humor in my house !

SRVG 1997 SW 301   Revision to RNY 10/3/13 SW 247 GW 130  Ht 5'8

Grandmaneice
on 4/20/14 12:33 pm
RNY on 03/24/14

Very proud of myself.  I had a small piece of ham, about 1T of scalloped pot. 1 piece of cooked broccoli and carrot.  When everyone was eating dessert, I went and did the dishes.  At mySIL house I had a little bit of ham and turkey.  Took a bite of lamb and find not like it, Aldo one bite of deviled egg.