Roux-en-y and ritalin

wedon504
on 4/20/14 8:00 pm - Metairie, LA

First of all, I had my surgery on April 11th and am felling great.  I started the 2 week pre-op liquid diet at 171lbs and now weigh 247.  And....I'm getting all of my protein and fluids in!!! Here is my question. I take ritalin 20mg and The doc assured me that this would be fine crushed after surgery with the same effect.  We even tried crushing before to make sure. After surgery, I literally have to crush the pill and weigh it on a food scale in fourths.  I can only take fourth of the pill at a time, and only get ablaut ten minutes of the really hard focuss and energy.  The rest of the time I locked myself in my parent's basement and thought my mom was a via agen out o get me.  You laugh but I kid not.  A fourth gets me enough but with at least two to three hours of some severe paranoid psychotic episodes.  Nothing that I would hurt myself mind you, just terrifying.  I though that the police had wired my parrot Lulu for sound...with no reason that the police would even care about little old legal me.  Has anyone run into this problem?  Also..the pill when swallowed in a fourth, half or whole...that's right swallowed.....takes literally seconds to work......

Wedon

b

Did patient receive pneumo****al vaccine

Frequency

Percent

Valid Percent

Cumulative Percent

Valid

yes

no

did not need

Total

and half gets me a bit of energy but some serious paranoia issues that I wouldn't who

SandraF0823
on 4/20/14 11:13 pm - CA
RNY on 12/30/13

I don't understand why you can only take 1/4. Is it because it upsets your stomach? I assume that sine you are crushing it you are not taking the extended release. What dosage are you on? From what I recall from my son, the non X-RAY pills are pretty small.  If you can only take 1/4, maybe you should ask your doctor if you can take it more frequently. Maybe your dosage needs to be upped because of the malabsorption that you have now. I would definitely take to booth your psychiatrist and your surgeon.

somestorm
on 4/21/14 1:21 pm
with

I don't quite understand why you can only take 1/4 at a time either. If it's crushed, I don't understand. 

Bottom line, if the medication is not responding the way it used to, you need to call and see the prescribing doctor. And if it's giving you paranoid thoughts, you need to do that ASAP. I would not take it until you can talk to a doctor. That is seriously scary. 

I take ritalin too and didn't take it for the first two weeks after surgery because there was nothing I needed to concentrate on. After that, I started taking it at half the dose I used to. I'm more sensitive to it now and a half dose works well. 

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 54 replies · 327 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 441 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 436 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 330 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 333 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?