First time vomiting! :/

Bsheldon
on 5/4/14 12:32 pm

Not sure if I ate too fast or was just having an off day... Or it could have been the kind of sticky consistency of dinner. Needless to say, I got about five bites into my dinner (crockpot chicken and dressing) and had to excuse myself. All day today though I have been nauseous after eating anything. Everything just felt like it was sitting right below my sternum. BLAH! Glad today is over, hope tomorrow is better.

Surgery Date: 4/10/14 HW-279 SW-270 CW-144 GW-140

jefferytmc
on 5/5/14 12:20 am

It is amazing how quickly you will lose your appetite after having those feelings.

It sucks, but use it as a learning experience.  If you think you ate too fast, try the same meal again, but slow down.  Be patient, the food is not going anywhere.

If it still bothers you, then maybe that is not a dish you can eat right now.

Hope you feel better today.

HW: 440.5  RNY 2/18 (Feb - 27, Mar -21, Apr -11, May -15.5, Jun - 12, Jul -14.5, Aug -9, Sept -11, Oct 6.2)

MrsD68
on 5/5/14 1:41 am

I had the same thing happen to me the first 3 nights I ate dinner... I think it was a combo of thinking in my head I could "eat more than my pouch could handle" because it is not like you can SEE the size of it, and I was just beginning to eat real food, after the full liquids.. anyways, I invested in a scale, to weigh out how much 3-4 ounces is. I by trial and error, found out the my pouch is able to hold about 3 ounces. But the vomiting was the ONLY way I could relieve the pressure and complete discomfort of eating too much.. trial and error....