strange day

ceemree
on 5/10/14 11:01 am
RNY on 01/07/14

Today I went to an event that included many people that didn't know I had wls.  I spent 3 nights a week with these folks for the previous 7 years and stopped last year before my surgery.  I would say about 50% didn't recognize me initially.   It reminds me that there are still days I don't recognize myself.  70 lbs gone off this 5'1" frame has changed me incredibly.   I also decided today that anyone that asked I would share my surgery with.  One mom asked me so many questions because her daughter is in the process. Tomorrow I also get to face some folks I haven't seen since last October.  Wish me luck!  It's a strange new world and I love it!

HW 232 Preop 215 CW 142 GW 134

SunnyGal14
on 5/10/14 11:41 am
VSG on 08/06/14

I'm still preop,  but cannot wait for people to not recognize me!

Congratulations on your success and good luck tomorrow! 

Vsg on 8/6/14  5'8" HW 266 SW 243 CW 169 GW 155. 

goddessgrrl
on 5/10/14 1:22 pm - VA

Congratulations on your weight loss and new life! Your story reminds me of when I was away from my "home group" (12 steps which I'd been a member of forever) for about a year. When I got back, everyone was welcoming me like I was a newcomer. I was like, "Bob, it's me! GG!" and he was like "Oh hi gg!" (completely blank stare) There are still some old friends from "the rooms" who still have no idea who I am.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 466 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 425 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 441 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?