Do you have a blender and food processor that works well?

Happy78
on 5/10/14 10:50 pm

I need a really good blender for my protein shakes and a food processor so I can either chop up food or puree it and I am not sure which ones to buy? I thought about the magic bullet but it got mixed reviews on amazon. What do you use?

CherylT03
on 5/10/14 11:02 pm - Island, KY

I have not had my surgery yet but as far as a good blender/food processor goes I like the ninja. We had them at a previous place of employment to use when we took our residents out to eat. Some was on special food restrictions like pureed foods and it worked wonders. Hope this helps! I would like to follow so I can keep up with things I may need.

CherylT03
on 5/10/14 11:03 pm - Island, KY

I have not had my surgery yet but as far as a good blender/food processor goes I like the ninja. We had them at a previous place of employment to use when we took our residents out to eat. Some was on special food restrictions like pureed foods and it worked wonders. Hope this helps! I would like to follow so I can keep up with things I may need.

selhard
on 5/10/14 11:30 pm - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

Friendly suggestion to spend more and get the Nutribullet---well worth the extra power. (I use it daily to make a protein smoothie consisting of keifer, flaxmeal, wheatgerm, frozen spinach leaves, Unjury protein powder, banana, and frozen berries)

poet_kelly
on 5/11/14 12:00 am - OH

I recently bought a Ninja Master Prep and I love it.  It purees frozen fruit in smoothies super fast and smooth.  I forget what I paid for it but I got it on Amazon and it was reasonable - maybe $40-something?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Caroline K.
on 5/11/14 12:06 am

I second the Ninja as a good blender. I also have a Kitchen Aid food processor, which is quite good.

Referred to Guelph, Dec. 3/12. Orientation: Mar 7/13. NUT/SW/RN Jun 18/13. Nutrition Class Jul 3/13. NUT/SW/RN Aug 19/13. Post-op Nutrition Class Dec 30/13. Approval for surgery from Dr. Jules Foute Nelong Feb 10/14. Surgery Apr 23/14.

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/11/14 12:35 am

I had them all one time. Finally last year I bought Vitamix.  It is pricy. But I wish I bought it 5-10 years ago... I also have magic bullet that I use everyday for small things.  If you can afford it - go for Vitamix .. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

dccyr
on 5/11/14 10:51 am

Love my ninja!

happyteacher
on 5/11/14 11:11 am

I am fanatical about not having ice chunks in my shakes.  I vascilated between the cheaper Ninja or buying the Vitamix, knowing the Vitamix delivered what I was looking for.  I cheaped out and bought the Ninja.  What a mistake! For the price point it is a good blender, but the Vitamix is so much better!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

White Dove
on 5/11/14 11:24 am, edited 5/11/14 11:24 am - Warren, OH

I ended up wearing out three Magic Bullets.  What I like about them: 

1. Can prepare very small portions, great for weight loss surgery patients
  2. Lots of containers, would rinse them out and put in dishwasher
  3. Containers have lids for storage in refrigerator
  4. Can process hot or cold foods and microwave the containers
  5. Pulverizes ice, fruits and veggies in 10 seconds
  6. About 1/2 the cost of Nutribullet
  7. Small, not too much counterspace

Another great piece of equipment is the Hamilton Beach personal blender for about $15.00

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 464 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 439 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?