Failed

justtogetback40
on 5/17/14 11:29 am

That is how I feel. Like I failed. I have gained 38 lbs since September 2013 when my baby was born. I feel like I will become obese again. I am worried. Could my stomach be so damages now?

karin602
on 5/17/14 11:00 pm - MD
RNY on 07/30/13

Having a baby is stressful to your body. Get back to your plan and you won't end up where you were . If you can push out a human being you have this licked lol!

Karin

Tanya S.
on 5/18/14 2:28 am
RNY on 03/25/14

Nicely said Karin!

justtogetback40
on 5/18/14 3:02 am

Thank you!!!! 

JenniPenny
on 5/19/14 3:12 am - MN

You don't have to be a failure and being able to eat more as time goes on happens to many postops. Go back to basics for a week or two - like when you first got off the liquid diet as a post op. Shrink your stomach back down to where a small amount of food made you uncomfortable full. Get back to tracking calories, fat grams, carbs and liquids. Make each day a good eating day, but don't forget to reward yourself occasionally too. Getting back to 3 protein forward or protein only meals a day with a snack if you're exercising should get the excess pounds off you that you put on. Gaining with a baby is a good thing - for everyone but now that you want to lose some take time for yourself and eat well. Healthy doesn't have to mean a lot of food. Check with your doc if you're concerned about your nutrition or health in any way.

Jen 12+ yrs post op RNY

justtogetback40
on 5/19/14 6:17 am

I sincerely appreciate your support. Thank you so much!!!!!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 488 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 391 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 403 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 226 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 118 views
A Year and a Month Out Already.