20 months post op Hiatal hernia repair

kisersassy
on 6/7/14 1:49 pm - Stanaford, WV
RNY on 10/29/12

I never seem to get a break from surgeries.  I have had one about every 6 months since having the gastric bypass.  Gallbladder, hysterectomy, internal hernia repair with adhesion removal, and now the hiatal hernia repair with adhesion removal.  But, I am thankful for the hiatal hernia repair as my surgeon told me it was like he redid my gastric bypass and I have lost 12 pounds in a month.  I am only allowed soft foods for the next couple months and he said lots of shakes.  I am grateful for this as I was seeing myself messing up.  I had originally stopped losing weight 6 months post op gastric bypass surgery. Because I stopped losing weight and felt that I was a loser because I couldnt lose the last 20-30 pounds to my goal, i started eating all the wrong things and just felt that my gastric bypass was not working.  Well, since I have had this past surgery, I realize it does still work, and I can lose the weight, and yes I am a loser but the right kind of loser!!  So anyways, I have a couple more surgeries planned as I should hear back in the next week or so if I am approved for reconstructive surgery on the panni and abdominoplasty.

Momma2nicknmike
on 6/8/14 12:42 am - Beavercreek, OH

Good for you on being a loser again!!  Let me ask, and this may be a dumb question but how did you know you had a Hiatal hernia?

Keep up the good work on losing!

Lynne    

kisersassy
on 6/8/14 1:22 am - Stanaford, WV
RNY on 10/29/12

Prior to wls when the endoscopy was performed it was discovered.  It has been a process of elimination to what jad been causing me pain amd discomfort since surgery. I feel better now just still weak

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 459 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 356 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 356 views