11 month (almost) NSVs

melissa_musicjunkie
on 6/22/14 3:48 am
RNY on 08/01/13

I love sharing NSVs!!! Anyway, last week I joined a new gym...yes, I'm a member of two gyms now! ;) Part of their orientation package is a health assessment and a body compostion analyzer...so I got on the thing, they entered my weight and height and it measured my body composition. My body fat percentage is in the "desirable" range!! Wooohoooooo!! My BMI is still 27.7, but my actual body mass and fat percentage is normal now for my height. I was so thrilled! Then, talking to the muscle guy doing my assessment, he told me what he weighs and I was ecstatic that he weighs 3 pounds more than I do!! Yippeeee!! So, I'm still aiming for a normal BMI, which is 18 pounds from where I'm at right now, but I feel good and I won't be super upset if I don't lose anymore. I'm very excited to start researching plastic surgery for the beginning of next year, and I'm going to work really hard to build up some muscle and hope that some of my skin catches up! Here are some other NSVs:

I can wear shorts (something I haven't done comfortably EVER) without them riding up in the middle between my legs (ykwim) and having to do that awkward shorts-yank or walk around with them all ****eyed.

I get COLD when I go to the grocery store in the freezer and dairy sections.

I sweat like crazy in the gym when I'm working out, but I cool down quickly when I'm done, as opposed to continuing to sweat and not be able to cool back down afterwards.

I'm able to function in the heat of TN in June without being so uncomfortable and sweating the whole summer long.

I miss days when I don't work out.

I bought some cute wedges the other day and could wear them longer than 5 minutes and felt really good in them with a cute little sundress.

Speaking of sundresses, I can wear lots of stuff I never would have before. I can wear sizes medium and large in most items, and sizes 10-14 in pants, depending on brand. :)

Guess that's enough for one day! Best decision ever made, in case anyone was wondering!

Melissa - RNY 8/1/13 :)

Cunning_Pam
on 6/22/14 3:54 am
RNY on 12/18/13

Woohoo! That's a great list of NSVs, for sure! I love that you're enjoying the gym so much you joined another one, LOL! It sounds like you're really active and happy, and that's the biggest benefit from the WLS!

Congrats on all your hard work paying off like it has!

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

melissa_musicjunkie
on 6/22/14 8:45 am
RNY on 08/01/13

Thank you! I almost feel slightly obsessed with working out, but I'm gonna take it and own it. I'm so much happier than I was at this time last year! :)

Grandmaneice
on 6/22/14 4:51 am
RNY on 03/24/14

That is great!! I had to laugh when I read how you freeze in the stores..I do too!  Right now my husband has the a/c on and I am chilled.  I usually have to cover up with a blanket..who would think in the middle of summer I would need to cover up..wondering what it will be like this winter..lol

melissa_musicjunkie
on 6/22/14 8:47 am
RNY on 08/01/13

I started getting cold right during the middle of winter here...shew! So uncomfortable! But, so much more tolerable then being so hot and sweaty and that kind of uncomfortable!!

Gypsyqueen5
on 6/22/14 5:29 am - Seattle, WA

How awesome for you!! I am 6 months out and wow everyday there is something new I can do that haven't been able to in years. Keep up the good work.

SeattleSeagirl

melissa_musicjunkie
on 6/22/14 8:49 am
RNY on 08/01/13

Thank yoU! I love being able to do things I couldn't previously do. I'm manning a veggie garden pretty successfully...I actually planted the whole thing myself this year...that's different. I cleaned up the flower bed and boxwood beds this past week, too. Previously my hubs would've had to do all that. Feels good!

Krisgwinn
on 6/22/14 5:35 am
RNY on 07/01/14 with

That's great!!  Just a quick question...what does NSV actually stand for??  I'm new here and get what they are, but just wondering what it actually stands for!!!  Keep up the great work!

melissa_musicjunkie
on 6/22/14 8:48 am
RNY on 08/01/13

Non Scale Victory! It's not always about the number ont he scale...actually I think it's very rarely about the number on the scale and more about how you feel!

Krisgwinn
on 6/22/14 11:48 am
RNY on 07/01/14 with

Thank you!!