1 Week Post-Op Feeling Great

Nw37203
on 6/24/14 8:43 am

Numerous people (including some that had WLS) seem shocked that at 1 week out, I'm feeling great, meeting my protein/liquid intakes, and have been released back to work for Monday.  I'm thrilled that I feel this good, but now I'm wondering if it is really unusual to feel like this already.  I have energy, sleeping at night, no pouch issues, etc.  The only "issue" is residual pain from where the two drains were at.  Am I going to suddenly wake up feeling like a Mack truck hit me in the next couple of weeks or am just lucky that the stars and moons aligned for an "easy" ride?

At my post-op today, a gentleman in the waiting room told me he was shocked at how good I was getting around after 1 week (he could see my drain and knew how far out I was).  Until then, I really kind of thought everyone generally had this same experience.

HW: 257 CW: 243 RNY 6/16/14      

Jenn S.
on 6/24/14 9:47 am - Boise, ID
RNY on 06/16/14

Congrats on feeling so great! I am a week out as well and have also had no issues. I had very little pain after surgery and did not need pain meds when I got home. I have had no issues since surgery and I feel great.  I started working half days from home yesterday and will be back at work on the 30th full time.

Nw37203
on 6/24/14 9:56 am

Thank you!! So glad you are doing well, too! It seems like it should be "harder" or something (but I know plenty of hurdles ahead, but so far so good!).

tpasun
on 6/24/14 10:24 am

It's good to hear that some are having an easier go of it! I hope it continues for you.  Im most concerned about the pain after surgery, having never had anything big like this, Im a wimp and worried that I'll be completely miserable for weeks on end. 

basilmk
on 6/24/14 10:39 am - FL
RNY on 01/07/14

Congratulations!

i was the same as you after surgery. I never used any of the meds prescribed.  My only issue then was a head cold.

There goes one more myth about WLS...that it takes everyone months to recover!

RNY 1/7/2014 with Jeffery Lord, Pensacola, FL

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 440 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 395 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 333 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 432 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?