So ready for this...and yesterday got the call was not expecting !

mama_dee54
on 6/27/14 7:20 am

My surgery date is 9/9/14.  I had called them when I got the date because it seemed so far out, and had them put me on a list so if anyone cancelled they would call me and I could get in faster.  Well they called yesterday and told me they had a cancellation for a July date ! I was so excited and I said "wow", "that is great"! And then the lady says ya but there is one thing.... you have to be here in an hour for the 3 hour class! I said, I live an hour away! and I don't have a ride right now! I said you know I live an hour away ! and she said yeah , I just thought maybe you could make it. I said no I can't do it ! Bummer! I got off the phone and told my son-in-law and he said he would take me! I called back and they already filled the damn appointment! So what a let down. I got a few tears and now here I am waiting forever again!  I wonder if someone else will cancel and I will get another chance for a sooner date? JUST HAD TO VENT !!!!

karin602
on 6/27/14 8:02 am - MD
RNY on 07/30/13

Sorry you had your hopes dashed! Must be a busy surgeon to have to wait to Sept. Fingers crossed for another can emulation..

Karin

Bluedog1925
on 6/27/14 9:05 am

I feel for you. Just remember. Everything happens for a reason. It will all come together for you.

mama_dee54
on 6/27/14 10:08 am

Tuckerbird
on 6/27/14 11:15 pm - NY

So sorry to hear that, but keep your head up. It will be worth the wait