Nausea

KDK_newme
on 7/11/14 9:09 am

Hi all. I just got home from Rny. I'm having trouble getting fluids down due to nausea. I'm taking phenergan for nausea but the trouble is crushing it and taking it makes me nauseous. Couple questions. What can mask bitter crushed meds, how long does nausea last. I had surgery 4days ago. This week is rough. 😩

1javajunkie
on 7/11/14 2:01 pm

My NUT said I could crush them and put them in tsp of applesauce or Greek yogurt or sf pudding. I was ok without doing that but glad to know I could if I had to. Hang in there every day gets easier:)

KDK_newme
on 7/11/14 11:37 pm

Thx for the encouragement. It's seem a little easier today than yesterday.  Still very hard to get proteins and fluids down. 

quiltpainter
on 7/12/14 1:14 pm - CT

I think it was hard for most of us. Hang in there. Each day will get a little bit easier. The first week is definitely the worst. 

KDK_newme
on 7/23/14 6:43 am

Hope your all doing well. I'm now 2 and half weeks out and nausea has stopped after taking the medication Reglan. I found out I can crush my meds and put them in a little bit of the protein shakes and take them well. Much better. New question for RNY what type of calcium citrate do you use. I have some I bought from my doctor and I can't stomach it. Need suggestions please. So far I haven't taken any calcium since surgery and I know that's not a good idea. Also what vitamin with iron do you recommend.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 437 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 362 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 361 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 310 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 165 views
Recent Topics