Daily Debrief, how did it go today?

Louise1974
on 7/11/14 11:29 am

Oh dear.  Not well.  There were a collection of crises from a suicidal client to a flat tire to MULTIPLE bouts of screeching children.  My food for the day got all miscombobulated but I am celebrating several things.  First, because I checked in this morning and committed to walking/yoga/hooping I did it even though there was a big crisis at work.  I just strapped the kids into the stroller and brought my cell phone.  I had to stop and arrange some crisis services in the middle but I parked the kids in front of a house undergoing construction (thrilling for them) and I did lunges while I talked.  how is that for committment and no excuses?  AND, when I (in desperation and exhaustion) ordered cheeseburgers and fries for me and the kids from McD's, I ate about three bites, realized it was the most foul food I have ever eaten, and stopped eating.  I went to the nearest convenience store, threw it away, and bought some string cheese.  Those were the highlights.  There were plenty of low lights but I think I know where I went wrong and will just keep working on it.  I heard a quote this week, "Surrender or get run over", something like that.  And I think that is how I need to look at this long term maintenance stuff.  I either need to surrender to the fact that it will always be work for me, or, I will get slaughtered by it.  That is all there is. 

Oh!  And slightly off topic, my little ones decided that their burgers were foul too (though they liked the fries) and they asked me to throw them away and get them cheese too.  The big one said, "I don't think this cheese is real cheese."  And the little one said, "My belly does not want this, blech!  but I want these 'fench fies', yummo!"  Love that. 

How was your day?

AnnyBananny
on 7/11/14 11:54 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Hey Louise, I like this idea of purposefully reflecting at the end of the day. I had a crazy busy day today in preparations for the the Library's big Comic Con tomorrow. I arrived at work at 8:30am and left at 9pm, not venturing outside once - eek! I also barely sat throughout the day (except when checking in on the menu post, that is) as evidenced by my FitBit reporting just under 20,000 steps for the day - about 15,000 of those at work. 

I allowed myself to be distracted from my needs though and I never ended up eating my lunch, which I know isn't good. I have a Quest bar already packed to take tomorrow as I know I'll be in danger of doing the same thing then.

Love that you did lunches while working on the work issues - way to stay dedicated!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

poet_kelly
on 7/11/14 12:05 pm - OH

I think your kid is right, I doubt the cheese was real cheese!  I do love McDonald's fries, though.  I almost never eat them, but I love them.  I love the smell of them.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Louise1974
on 7/11/14 12:31 pm

I have a friend who works for the health department and apparently Mcdonalds was able to prove to them that their cheese does not need to be refridgerated because it is not really cheese and so they don't have to, it just stays out.  Indeed, not real cheese!  I took the kids to a nicer farm to table place for lunch and my six year old ordered the spinach and feta salad and actually asked if the goats were local or "from far away".  She was very satisfied when she learned that they were local goats who were actually milked by her friend Ashley who also made the cheese.  I am unashamedly raising total foodies!!

dlang057
on 7/11/14 12:15 pm
RNY on 03/25/14

Louise, thanks for posting.  This is an interesting concept, I like it!  So, I went out to lunch today instead of eating what I brought.  I made a good choice but I didn't need to go.  I think I went more so out of habit from pre-RNY.  When I came back to the office I felt guilty so I went for a 20 minute walk outside; that made me feel better.  When I got home from work I visited with my parents who live very close by as they returned from being out of town for the week.  I cam home and geared up for my evening walk.  I managed 60 minutes at an excellent pace.  I had only intended on doing 45 minutes but I feel great about doing that little bit extra.

I've been reflecting on what's changed since surgery and I have to say, so many things just feel so different in such a good way.  Some have just recently happened which is giving me this sense of empowerment that I've needed but didn't know I wanted. 

Anyway, life is good.  I am sporting a genuine smile and that feels awesome.

Louise1974
on 7/11/14 12:35 pm

Genuine smiles are wonderful!!  And eating out can be okay, I generally do really well nutritionally but tend to spend serious money, which is especially ironic since I often eat only a small portion of what I order.  But I just don't care anymore.  I LOVE the things that have changed since surgery, little things like being able to wrap the towel around me and running up and down stairs without even breathing hard.  And just how much more comfortable I am.  And the one I am noticing is how the heat doesn't bother me, like, at all.  I can hike for 15 hours when it is 90 out and I am fine.  Amazing.  Nice work on your 60 minute walk!  It feels so good to move!!

tdbull
on 7/11/14 3:59 pm - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
Spent a fun day at the beach with grandsons, but went off the rails with nutrition. Junk food everywhere and I indulged in popcorn and pizza. Slept that carb coma off but still well over calories for the day. In bed with a book now. GRRRH. feel so out of control.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

Louise1974
on 7/11/14 11:09 pm

You have a brand new day today!!!!!  All you can do is figure out what went wrong and make a plan so today can be different.  You and me both are in the same boat today :)

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 454 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 412 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views