First post-Newbie

Changes14
on 7/14/14 12:54 pm

Hi I am having the RNY on August 11th. I was denied three times by my insurance and kept fighting thanks to the wonderful insurance coordinator at my surgeons office.  I was finally approved and just received my date last week.  I have not told my work that I have been approved for my surgery or that I have a date.  I am going to tell my boss tomorrow.  I am very nervous as I am learning a new job within my department and am expected to be on my own next month.  I know this is going to throw a wrench into the plans.  Wish me luck!!  I read this site every night and I am thankful for all of the information and the support!

CerealKiller Kat71
on 7/14/14 1:48 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

Good luck and congratulations!!  Remember, you don't have to tell your boss what the surgery is!

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

jillbeme
on 7/14/14 1:49 pm
Revision on 07/29/14

Good luck tomorrow.  You will do great!

Jill     

tdbull
on 7/14/14 1:54 pm - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
1) Welcome to this site - glad you have been reading and now feel comfortable posting. You will learn a lot, both pre and post op.
2) Congrats on not giving up and persevering with your insurance. Your body, your health. WLS can dramatically change your lifestyle.
3) It is difficult to tell ppl about your surgery - I choose not to tell too many ppl - but it is your right to request time off for medical reasons. Go into your boss confident that this is for your own well being and don't worry about throwing wrenches into work plans. I have found that all ppl are replaceable - yes, you will likely be missed, but they will work it out and you will be so much more relaxed if you don't stress about this aspect.
August 11 will be here before you know it, then you'll finally be on the Loser's Bench. So happy for you!!!

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

lomercha
on 7/15/14 12:00 am

Congratulations on the beginning of your RNY journey. This surgery changed my life! Good luck, you will do great!

(deactivated member)
on 7/15/14 4:21 am
RNY on 12/16/13

Congrats on moving forward with your surgery!  Welcome!

Changes14
on 7/15/14 1:30 pm

Thank you so much for all of the support!  I greatly appreciate all of the positive comments,  The conversation went better than expected.  I had my pre/post op nutritionist appt.today.  I have to do lab work along with other testing next week.  Then start the shakes.  You aren't kidding when you say it will be here before I know it!!!  Thank you for the support.

DeafNatural
on 7/15/14 2:39 pm, edited 7/15/14 2:49 pm - Winter Haven
RNY on 08/06/14

I just got my date for August 6th today and I'm nervous because I am supposed to go back to work for pre-planning on the 11th and then students come on the 18th. The 6th is a tentative date provided that I don't need any pre-surgery test and can get off of work to travel across the state to do my educational class and meet with the surgeon. If it gets set back it will be August 18th which is terrible. 

The worst part is that I teach deaf/hard of hearing students. My district has one sub that knows sign language and she won't sub if it isn't a full day (and for me it's not). I am really trying to avoid having to miss any of the regular days but tomorrow I'm definitely going to go let my principals know and put in FMLA so they at least can't fire me for excessive absences. I think bosses understand a little more than we give them credit though. Congrats on your approval and good luck! 

High: 385 lbs     Start: 376 lbs           Current: 328.5 lbs.         Goal: 125 lbs

“The beautiful journey of today can only begin when we learn to let go of yesterday.”  -Steve Maraboli

andy M.
on 7/15/14 3:28 pm - fairfax, VA
with

congratulations on getting your date finally set! It will be the best decision you ever made. I had RNY done less than 2 months ago and I'm loving life, i used to hate waking up everyday! Get ready for your life to change! I'm on here every night reading posts and looking to meet people who are in the same situation i am. Most p[people on here have had the sleeve done, so if you would like to chat, let me know, i would love to talk!

ANDY

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 438 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 393 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 328 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 430 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?