ready to drink shakes

(deactivated member)
on 7/17/14 6:29 am

Hello, I use Nectar Protein Powder, however it would be nice to have a ready to drink shake on hand.

Muscle Milk, and pure Protein shakes are not Whey Isolate, however am I still getting some benefits from these shakes?      Or is there any other ready to drink shakes that I could try that do not cost a small fortune?

I found this in my grocery store Rocking Refuel Protein Milk beverage, has 30 grams of protein , the protein comes from the milk protein concentrate it says?...Is this any thing that would work once in awhile?        I drink 2 shales of Nectar daily but on occasion it would benice to have a ready to drink?          Suggestions greatly appreciated...

Thank you

poet_kelly
on 7/17/14 7:04 am - OH

Whey protein isolate is made from milk.  So are whey protein concentrate and milk protein concentrate.  It's just processed a bit differently.  Those will all work fine, as will soy protein isolate and egg white protein.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

jefferytmc
on 7/17/14 7:36 am

If I recall correctly the isolate is supposed to digest a bit better, but the ones you mention are fine.

I actually like the "ready to drink" ones after surgery better than the mix kind.  The mix tastes too sweet to me now.

I like the muscle milk and the Myoplex ones.

HW: 440.5  RNY 2/18 (Feb - 27, Mar -21, Apr -11, May -15.5, Jun - 12, Jul -14.5, Aug -9, Sept -11, Oct 6.2)

eringudge
on 7/17/14 10:25 am
RNY on 07/28/14

According to my nutritionist, you won't absorb as much of the protein in the whey protein concentrates as you do in the whey protein isolates. Her rule of thumb is 5 calories maximum for each gm of protein. 

Needanewbeginning
on 7/17/14 10:53 pm - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

My centre highly promotes the brand premier protein, I buy mine at Costco.

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 455 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views