Need to lose 10 pounds

nbw
on 8/6/14 6:38 am

Anyone have any suggestions to lose weight fast. I am 3 years out lost down past my goal and now have gained 10 pounds back in 6 months. It is doing a job on my mental. Having a reunion and sure would would like to lose that 10 pounds.

Nancy
Ladytazz
on 8/6/14 9:45 am

I have no idea where you are at now but if you lost below your goal and then regained some you are right on schedule.

Rebound, or bounce back isn't unusual for WLS patients.  I've heard that it could be as much as 10% to 20% of the original loss, so if you've lost 100 lbs then a bounce back of 10 to 20 lbs isn't uncommon.

Of course it isn't inevitable but it does happen.  I've had two bouncebacks, both welcome because I got below goal as well.  The first was in my second year when I had gotten down below 100 but fortunately gained about 5 lbs.  The second was about a year ago when I started gaining out of the blue after 2 years at the same weight, with no change in my eating.  It was scary because of course I didn't know where it would end.  There was no way I was going to diet at 105 lbs so I didn't cut back, I just kept doing what I had been doing.

I settled at about 110 and have stayed stable at that weight for nearly a year.  I wouldn't be surprised if there were more bounce back in my future and if that happens I will decide whether or not I would rather eat more or weigh less, pretty much what we all have to decide.  Personally I wouldn't mind another 10 lbs so I don't think I would do anything unless it got up more than that.

It is hard to see the scale go up but if you are eating right it isn't something to worry about.  Now, if you have added back in some things like bread, pasta, crackers, you know what I am talking about, and you know exactly why you have gained then you may want to address that.

Also, the goal you may have set for yourself might be unreasonable for you.  I think people who set a higher goal, like the upper end of the normal BMI, are the ones who have an easier time of keeping it off.  It isn't unusual to lose to much in the first year or so and then experience the regain around the third year.  It is up to you to decide whether or not it is because of what you are choosing to eat or if it is just normal bounce back.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

White Dove
on 8/6/14 10:17 pm - Warren, OH

The Virgin Diet promises seven pounds off in seven days.  I tried it after the holidays this year and did not stick to it.  You can buy her book or just find the diet on the internet.  If I was determined to lose ten pounds that is what I would do.  I would sort of like to lose ten pounds but not enough right now to follow her rules.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 363 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 332 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 198 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 118 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 2 replies · 14 views