I'm feeling so swollen...5 weeks post op!

Mona Mee
on 8/20/14 8:02 am - Largo, MD
RNY on 07/17/14

Hi everyone. I was wondering if ANYONE out there had edema in their feet and or legs weeks after surgery. I haven't had any IV fluids for almost 2 weeks now, and my feet/ankles/legs are swollen.  I can still walk, exercise on them which is great, but it seems ever since I had IV fluids 2 weeks ago I'm swollen.  Gained 7 lbs water weight last week, now 3 came off, but legs and tummy seem to be retaining some water. 

What at may be part of the problem is that I am due for my period in the next few days. I get that about my tummy feeling water logged.. But I feel like I'm gaining weight and I'm just a bit irritated about it honestly. I get I'm PMSing, but for 2 weeks my legs and tummy are swollen? I hope this isn't some new PMS symptom of mine! Lol

Sorry just venting.  

RNY 7/17/2014!! Decided to stop kidding myself about what I'm really doing with my life. Excited for getting back to me!!   

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/20/14 9:32 pm

I learn that elevating my legs on the wall (laying flat on the floor) and gently moving my legs really help if i get any water retention.... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."