What's on your menu today, RNYers?

AnnyBananny
on 9/18/14 10:17 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Good morning world, another beautiful day in the Mid-Atlantic, crisp and clear. I love that fall is settling in around here, though it is causing a few problems for me. #1, the AC is still on at work and being slimmer I'm now freezing ALL THE TIME, which is compounded by #2, I have basically no cool weather clothing! I did buy a pair of SIZE tWELVE skinny jeans yesterday and three new tops (along with a pair of jeggings and shoes, but those are going back). But I definitely need to find a few cardigans and a few more pairs of pants. A trip to Ross is in my future.

Last evening was the Library's staff appreciation night, as I mentioned in the post yesterday. It was at a bar, but I did fine - I sipped unsweetened iced tea and decaf coffee and resisted all the fried things that were on the buffet. Though incredibly tempted I also avoided the mini cupcakes and cheese cakes and cookies - yippee! The alcohol loosened tongues a bit and several people did ask me about my surgery and what was up. I work with mainly older woman who like to be motherly towards me so several were VERY concerned that I wasn't eating AND how could I possibly want to loss MORE WEIGHT they wondered. I hate that question/comment!

Everybody had such great NSVs to talk about yesterday - just want to offer a big CONGRATULATIONS to all on each and every one of them!

Time since surgery: 6 months

B: Light and Fit Greek yogurt with sliced almonds

S: Chike!, Coffee, Fiber Gourmet Thinables and a wedge of Laughing Cow Light

L: another day with my bento - deli ham, Babybel Light, and crispy chocolate chickpeas

S: Cheese stick (there's a lot of cheese happening in my menu today....)

This is where my menu goes uncertain, I'm heading into town to meet friends at one of the pop-up bar gardens that Philly has seen this summer and I'm uncertain what that will mean. I'm planning on a Quest bar for dinner again tonight. 

TOTALS (with the Quest bar and nothing else after, which surely won't be the case): Calories 790, Protein 85, Carbs 64, Fat 34

V/W: started

E: again with no gym, but there will be plenty of walking

Hope everyone has a great weekend - I'm looking forward to shopping, a birthday party, and EXERCISING (I am not looking forward to finally unpacking from my vacation)!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

dlang057
on 9/18/14 10:39 pm
RNY on 03/25/14

Good morning everyone!

Anny, so funny that you mentioned cold weather clothes because I am dealing with that today as well! I have one pair of jeans that look half way decent on and no long casual tops. Today is a jeans day at work and I have on a short sleeve top with a workout zip-up because I too am now suffering from being too cold in the AC. Not the most professional look but damn it I am cold! I will be heading to the thrift stores this weekend to hopefully score some cool weather wear. I ordered a cardigan from Target.com and now that I know it fits, etc. I’ll pick-up a few more colors. Layering a cardigan over a “summer” top should get me through most of the fall.

Gardening is on my docket this weekend. Time to transplant and rearrange some gardens and the weather is supposed to be perfect so I’m excited. Getting my labs done tomorrow AM in prep of my 6 month follow-up on 9/30.

Enjoy your day everyone!   Danielle

B – black bean burger

L – chicken breast w/marinara and grilled veggies

S – ½ c pineapple & 1 oz cheese cubes

D – ground turkey sloppy joe & 7 TJ’s spicy soy/flax toritalla chips

W/V – Have started and expect them to be on track today.

Totals – 830 calories, 68g protein, 85g carbs, 30g fat

AnnyBananny
on 9/19/14 12:00 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Yes! I'm trying to figure out how to outfit myself for the next few weeks without spending TOO much money. Always a delicate balance. 

I have my 6 month follow up on Thursday and I'm most interested to see my lab work(supposedly there's some sort of patient portal I can log in and see the results, but I can't find any info on the log in and no one seems to be able to help).

Dodgergirl27
on 9/19/14 2:58 am
RNY on 01/22/14

I had the exact same problem when I went to view my labs!  It was so frustrating, and my Dr's office was no help at all.  I finally figured it out (it took like a month), but it was so frustrating....I just wanted to see my lab results.  Luckily, when I finally did see them, everything was A ok.

(deactivated member)
on 9/18/14 10:45 pm

That's great that you did well last night.Being in a bar can be trying with food and ****tails. It is funny that people mentioned your weight loss after a few.

I hate when people tell me that I need to stop losing weight. It is frustrating to explain. I try to turn the tables on them with a personal question about them. I have a birthday party to go to this weekend. I am a little nervous.The family that is having it are major food pushers. I am going to make a buffalo chicken salad so I know I will have something to eat.

B:Protein coffee

S:Egg

L:Pork tenderloin

D:Leftovers from the week.Or shrimp from Costco

S:Yogurt

Vitamins are going down water is on its way.

Have a great weekend. 

AnnyBananny
on 9/19/14 12:01 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Ugh! All the desserts have followed me here to the Library - so I'm going to try to avoid the break room as much as possible today. For some reason vanilla/vanilla cupcakes just call to me! They're mini, but I still don't want to "waste" calories on them!

I like the turning the tables idea - I'll keep it in mind!

(deactivated member)
on 9/19/14 12:11 am

One thing what I do in my head is think about all of the bacteria on the cupcakes if they have been sitting out. I know it sounds silly.But it grosses me out.

AnnyBananny
on 9/19/14 1:18 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

This is such a good tip! Each time I walk by the stuff I try to think about how the drunk ladies last night were slobbering all over them and touching all the cookies and stuff LOL, which I'm sure isn't strictly true, but it's helping.

(deactivated member)
on 9/19/14 2:12 am

And they don't wash their hands after using the potty.

AZPatty
on 9/18/14 10:53 pm
RNY on 02/25/14

Good morning to all.  Anny, congratulations on the new smaller clothing finds.  I am still waiting for Fall to arrive in Tucson.  It has been cooler in the mornings and evenings so that is a start. 

I didn't get a chance to post yesterday but I do have a NSV to share.  I started running 3 months ago.  I signed up for a run when I started the program and it is finally here this weekend!   I started by using the couch to 5K program.  I have been actually running a 5k for about the past 3 weeks but this weekend is the actual run that I signed up for.  I would have never thought that I would run in my life.  I don't really enjoy it but I know that it is doing great things for me.  Everyone keeps telling me that I will enjoy it the more I do it.  I am still waiting for that but I do feel awesome after I finish running. 

I am also 1.5 pounds away from being under 200 pounds.  I am hoping that will come off in the next week.  I set a goal a while back that I would like to be under 200 by my 50th birthday next weekend.  Weight doesn't come off of me that quickly but I sure am getting close and if I don't make it I will soon enough.  I am learning to relax and not get so upset when I have these long stalls.  It will eventually come off!

B:  premier protein, tea, WW cheese stick

L:  I am at a workshop today and they will be bringing in lunch.  I think it is salad with chicken.

S:  greek yogurt

D:  Schwanns Filet Mignon, green beans

S:  Savory rosemary crisps, laughing cow wedge

Totals:  905 calories, 97 protein, 45 carbs

Hope everyone has a great weekend. 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 438 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 393 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 328 views