What's on your menu today, RNYers?

AnnyBananny
on 10/13/14 10:25 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Good morning OH world! It's a beautiful fall day here in the Mid-Atlantic, but I'm dreading going to work. It is downright Arctic in the Library right now. We have this super old HVAC system and the AC is STILL on, so I've been wearing sweaters and my jacket all day! Being might be an NSV though, I always used to say I was a "hot person," but no more!

I grabbed the Dole Strawberry Dippers last and they are delish! I definitely recommend them for anyone who needs a little sweet. Packaged pre-portioned bags makes it easier to stick to just one serving and 60 calories and 6 carbs makes them a pretty decent choice.

Today is Day Two of my "calorie cycling" experiment, so I'm going for HIGH today. Figuring out high calories without through the roof carbs was hard though and they're still much higher than I would normally go - but that's how it's going to be today.

Time since surgery: just shy of 7 months

B: L&F Greek yogurt with sliced almonds and Fiber One Original

S: coffee, 1oz of honey roasted almonds, Babybel light

L: Quest Bar and fruit cup (today I have school visits at 10:30, 11:20, and 2:30, a site visit for my Saturday event at 12noon, and a conference call at 1 - insanity!)

S: deli ham and crispy chocolate chickpeas

D: crockpot lemon chicken and some TJ's mashed potatoes

S: popcorn and Cool Whip FroYo

TOTALS: Calories 1194, Protein 85, Carbs 115 (this is freaking me out so I might need to tweak later in the day), Fat 58

V/W: started

E: cardio on my own 

Book Club tonight means I can't go to my favorite BodyPump class, so I went last night instead. The class I went to was a full hour, instead of the 45 minutes I normally do, and those extra 15 minutes were killer (mostly in a good way). It was also the new release, so all new music and routines - super challenging! My abs, butt, and biceps are feeling it this morning! 

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

AZPatty
on 10/13/14 10:34 pm
RNY on 02/25/14

Good Morning!  Second day back at work after two weeks off and it feels normal again.  I love the time off but at the same time I do much better with my normal routine. 

Exercise today will be the elliptical (3 miles) and Aqua Fit class after work.

B:  premier protein, tea

S:  Carmel Apple Greek Yogurt

L;  Indian Summer Turkey Chili

D:  Cranberry Almond Chicken Salad/ pepper crisps

S:  Popcorn

Totals:  818 Calories, 82 protein, 74 carbs

Have a great Tuesday Everyone!

carimiller9173
on 10/14/14 2:19 am - Wilmington, DE

Good day Patty,

may I ask which Premier protein you've tried?  I'm 4.5 months pre-op and trying things now to get an idea.  I've tried the vanilla and it was actually really good.

Thanks!!!    Cari in Delaware.

Pre-op weight 342.5; Surgery 320.7

M 1-10.5

AZPatty
on 10/14/14 3:22 am
RNY on 02/25/14

Hi Cari. I drink the chocolate. I buy it at Costco for $24.00 for 18 of them. My doctor encourages his patients to substitute one meal with a protein drink. I was never a breakfast person so it works for me. 

AngryViking
on 10/13/14 10:54 pm, edited 10/13/14 10:55 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

Good morning!  The forecast for today is sunny and 80 degrees.  In October.  In Syracuse.  I think I may be coming down with something and will have to leave work early today.  *coughcough*  LOL  Anny, how was your tilapia experiment?  Are you a fish fan now? 

B:  coffee and Yopa! YoCrunch in strawberry with chocolate crunchies

L:  Skinny Italian meatballs with sauce and parm

S:  String cheese

D:  Baked thin pork chops and broccoli

S:  Dole dark chocolate banana dippers

TOTALS     Cals:  725  Protein:  60  Carbs:  43  Fat:  31

Have a marvelous day all!

AnnyBananny
on 10/13/14 11:44 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

YES! I forgot to report on my fish taste testing! I didn't...hate it. I can't say I'm a convert yet, but I'm definitely going to continue incorporating fish into my menus like once a week. I did love how filling it was for so few calories, so that will keep me going back!

You definitely sound sickly to me - I can tell, you have to go home!

AngryViking
on 10/13/14 10:57 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

My office is super cold, too.  All the time.  Most of us have lap blankets in our desks.  And a couple people work in fingerless gloves.  LOL  We don't have a lot of say in the temp because it's controlled by the dialysis center on the first floor and they keep it chilly down there!

Dcgirl
on 10/13/14 11:17 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Good morning, good morning!  It's a gorgeous day here in DC too - high of 78 today.  And then rain later and tomorrow and Thursday but nice again for the weekend so no complaints here.

I am having the best. day. ever.  Major SV and NSV and it's only 9 am :)  First of all, I lost another pound and (drumroll please!) I am OVERWEIGHT!  Yep, my BMI is 29.9 - the top range of overweight, but hey, no longer obese.  And yes, I realize that BMI is a somewhat arbitrary number but it still makes me feel good.  Also, I am training with my trainer for an hour at lunch but this morning I went to my friend's building to go to her gym with her and do cardio.  We met at Support Group and she lives like a block away.  Well, she has done 10ks and she made me RUN on the treadmill!  5 minutes walking at 3.5, then 5 minutes RUNNING at 5.0, then 4 minutes of each, then 3 of each, then 2 of each and we ended with a minute at 6.0.  I have never run in my life.  Ever.  I am not a runner.  I didn't think I was physically capable of running.  But guess what, I ran!  I can't remember feeling this strong and frankly *** ing awesome!!!  I know all of you guys get it :)

I have so many groceries right now I know I am going to waste half of them.  Here are my eats:

Time Since Surgery: Almost 10 months

B: Chike!  And a coffee with french vanilla creamer

L: Planning a salad with cruciferous crunch kale/slaw/brussels sprouts along with balsamic chicken, herb goat cheese, dried cranberries, and almond slivers, with Light Champagne Vinegrette (all items from Trader Joe's)

S: Probably before training, I am going to try a serving of Trader Joe's Wine Country Chicken Salad

D: A salmon pattie.  Literally this will be my sixth meal.  I am over it!  LOL

S: My new obsession, Light and Fit greek yogurt caramel machiato with chia seeds and almonds

Totals: 1,200 calories, 104 protein, 75 carbs

E: I will burn about 600 calories between the treadmill and elliptical this morning and 50 minutes of personal training at lunch :)  So 1,200 calories of eats is ok.

Have an awesome day, RNY friends!  Em

AnnyBananny
on 10/13/14 11:40 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Ok, all those animated emojis sort of make my head hurt, but I want to EMPHASIZE how. freaking. excited. I. am. for. you. Congrats on your SV and NSVs of the day. 

You are SUCH an amazing inspiration and support to me personally (and I know to many here on OH and IRL) that I can't even tell you. Every victory you have makes me so excited for you AND helps push me on. Thanks for sharing your "journey," which I always put in quotes because I feel like it's so hokey, but it's the only word for it!

AngryViking
on 10/14/14 12:26 am
RNY on 07/17/14

OMG, yay for you Em!  That's a victory all the way around!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 454 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 413 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views