extra hungry

Paulinev
on 10/17/14 4:57 am

Good afternoon everyone.

Had my surgery 7 months ago, the last 2 weeks or so i find that I am way more hungry than I think I should be.  Could my stomach be stretching?  I eat every 4 hours, maybe have a small snack, but I feel like I am still hungry. Any thoughts?  I am afraid I might start gaining weight back.

White Dove
on 10/17/14 7:49 am - Warren, OH

That is usually from eating carbs like fruit, bread, rice, crackers and potatoes, or sugary foods.  You should not be getting hungry if you are eating dense protein.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Paulinev
on 10/19/14 10:40 pm

Thanks so much, I will be more careful with my choices.

dragonlove
on 10/20/14 6:45 am
RNY on 11/20/13

I agree with the earlier response.  Try to have some "go-to" snacks which are very high in protein where when you get the munchies you will eat them.  High dense protein snacks will fill you up and keep you full longer.  "Fluff" like carbs will disappear much quicker and seem to take more to make you feel full.

I like the "Pure Protein" brand of bars as my "go-to"  If I'm craving something "fluffy" I tell myself to first eat the bar, and then I can have a few bites if I want them.... I never do because one of those bars really gets me full for less than 200 calories and gives me 17g of protein!

Pam (RNY: 11/20/2013)

Paulinev
on 10/20/14 6:55 am

Thanks so much, I have tried those bars and they are pretty good! I will have one later this evening

😄

Most Active
Recent Topics