Your favorite protein shake??

(deactivated member)
on 10/20/14 1:12 pm
RNY on 11/12/14 with

I think I'll try the premier protein brand. Thanks! (:

selhard
on 10/20/14 12:10 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

...making homemade protein shakes using Unjury brand protein powder and my Nutribullet blender.  Recipes found on www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

(deactivated member)
on 10/20/14 1:13 pm
RNY on 11/12/14 with

Thank you!(:

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 10/20/14 12:27 am - OH

Definitely don't buy a large amount of any one item because your tastes might change after surgery.  It doesn't happen to everyone but it does happen to some.  You may also find that you get sick to death of sweet protein drinks, so I highly recommend trying the Unjury chicken soup powder (althoigh note that it is high in sodium).  It is a really nice change of pace especially  in cool weather, and I still use it (7 years out) every now and then just to warm me up in the winter.

My other favorites are the Unjury Chocolate Splendor and the Syntrax Vanilla Bean Torte (not just a plain vanilla!).  I still put both of those in the SF (or diet) hot chocolate I have almost every morning year-round. The vanilla makes it taste like I melted a marshmallow in it!

I also liked the Twisted Cherry and Roadside Lemonade Syntrax Nectar ones for a change from the sweet drinks. 

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

(deactivated member)
on 10/20/14 1:15 pm
RNY on 11/12/14 with

Great tips and advice! Thank you!(:

bgraeve
on 10/20/14 5:38 am
On October 19, 2014 at 8:19 PM Pacific Time, MommyOfTaeya wrote:

What is/was your favorite protein shake brand and flavor? I will be starting my 2 week pre-op diet on October 29th and I am looking for some good flavors! I have tried Nectar brand Kiwi Strawberry flavor and can tolerate it really well(:

Also, I found a surgery date buddy! Anybody else having surgery on November 12th?(: 

MommyOfTaeya

I've been doing well with the EAS brand you can find at Walmart.   Chocolate's been my favorite.

(deactivated member)
on 10/20/14 1:16 pm
RNY on 11/12/14 with

I'll look into trying that! Thank you!(:

debramontoya
on 10/20/14 10:29 am
RNY on 10/28/13

I love Jay Robb, all flavor's!! Good luck to you. I'm a year out this week and feel grrrrrreat!!! 100 lbs and 75 inches gone 😀

(deactivated member)
on 10/20/14 1:19 pm
RNY on 11/12/14 with

I've never heard of that one! 

I'm going to have to look it up.

Your comment made me excited! Congratulations on such a great journey!(:

GodsChildII
on 10/20/14 1:24 pm - Seattle , WA
RNY on 08/05/14

All three flavors of Premier ( chocolate, vanilla and strawberry) that's all that I drin****ep them in the fridge or poor them over ice and I LOVE them on the go! 

Most Active
Recent Topics