Pre op diet.

joshie2645
on 10/19/14 9:29 pm - Springdale, AR

okay so my surgery is next Tuesday the 28th. I'm on the pre op diet of two protein shakes a day and a healthy choice or lean cuisine for one of my meals. I have to lose 14.5 pounds but I've only lost like 5-6. It seems likeikeep gaining weight. Anyone else is having this proble or has had this problem. My calorie intake is 1800 a day. 

kwashington09
on 10/20/14 12:00 am

I would suggest that you eat the meal for lunch and add a piece of fruit for a pm snack to go with your protien shake. Try and just walk a little that will help the weight come down. Its suggested that lose weight to shrink your liver before surgery to make it safer but any weight loss helps. Also drink a lot of water because those frozen dinners are full of sodium so some your weight may be water weight. Good luck.

joshie2645
on 10/20/14 12:05 am - Springdale, AR

kwashington09, I work in retail, so I'm walking an average of 3.9 miles a day (I've tracked it on my fitbit app on my phone) 

If I don't eat the 1800 caloires a day, won't by weight loss stall? Cause with the protein drinks and dinner, and even with the fruit-im only eating maybe 700-800 calories  a day.

poet_kelly
on 10/20/14 12:08 am - OH

If you've lost five to six pounds, you aren't gaining weight.

If you are following the diet recommended by your surgeon, you should be fine.  If you are concerned you won't lose enough weight, call your surgeon's office.

I am a bit curious, though.  How is your caloric intake 1800 on one healthy choice and two protein shakes?  A health choice should be at most 500 calories.  Are you really drinking shakes that are 650 calories each?  I would consider using a lower calorie shake.  Most are more like 200 calories if you mix them with  milk.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 469 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 428 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 360 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 444 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 360 views