What was your first "crunch"?

Han Shot First
on 11/6/14 9:56 pm - Flint, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

I'm currently on the soft foods portion of my diet, and I'm scheduled to move to the "Full Bariatric Diet" on November 19th, where I'm am basically off food restrictions (while keeping things healthy, of course).  Overall, things haven't been bad, but I'm definitely missing eating things that give me a good crunch.  The soft texture of everything is probably the toughest thing so far.  When you were able to get beyond soft foods, what sort of things with a crunch worked well for you?  I'm thinking starting with some saltines or wheat things with tuna salad may be a good starting point, or possibly making some baked cheese crisps.  Any other good starting suggestions? 

--

150 lost and maintaining!

Ocalasam
on 11/6/14 10:02 pm
RNY on 12/18/12

I would be really careful about introducing carbs back into your diet so early.  A lot of people have difficulty when it comes to crackers, because they typically do go down easy, but tend to be high in calories and low in nutrition and protein.

Jill724
on 11/6/14 10:04 pm
RNY on 07/24/14

Red peppers and hummus!! I also love salsa and baked tortilla chips on occasion, bu****ch for the carbs!!!

Bubbles314
on 11/6/14 10:19 pm - Kalamazoo, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

Hi, I had surgery the same day as you did.  I ate a couple of saltines with my soup.  It was nice for a change to hear and feel the crunch.  I don't eat them daily though.  Good luck

AngryViking
on 11/6/14 10:30 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

Crackers with tuna.  My plan allowed for crackers pretty early and I was veerrrry happy to have them. 

Chilipepper
on 11/6/14 10:57 pm

Pork rinds. They have zero carbs

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Chilipepper
on 11/6/14 11:02 pm

Also Wasa light Rye crackers. I use them and put tuna or chicken or egg salad on them

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

GodsChildII
on 11/6/14 11:03 pm - Seattle , WA
RNY on 08/05/14

All cheese crisp where an Awesome treat for me ( kitchentablemakers.com). Plenty of crunch and flavor. I would eat two of them with tuna, soup, hummus, sardines, grass feed beef you name it and it was great.

Han Shot First
on 11/7/14 12:45 am - Flint, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

I'm allowed crackers at this stage, but my information says just that, nothing about what type.  I know to watch the carbs and the calories, so that's why I was wondering about what worked for other people.

There's a lot of great ideas here.  Thanks everyone.  But I totally forgot about Pork Rinds!  

--

150 lost and maintaining!

Chilipepper
on 11/7/14 12:48 am

I wouldn't eat saltines.  They are just flour and water. Bad bad bad.