December RNY new support group

Carey W.
on 11/12/14 8:43 pm, edited 11/27/14 4:09 pm
RNY on 12/04/14

Hey there everyone! I am hoping to garner folks that are having RNY in December to join with me in a group so we can support each other through our pre-op, surgery, and all the phases and experiences on the journey beyond.  Hope to see and hear from you soon!!  I am having surgery on December 4th in Anchorage Alaska at Providence Alaska Medical Center with Dr. Grant Searles.  I am an RN, work the night shift on in patient Rehab at the same hospital, live about 45 minutes away, have two teen daughters, a dog, two cats, a snake and a husband... live in a perpetually remodeling mode of a house... my husband is a carpenter... they say a carpenters house is never done... ugh! lol.  I am very crafty and artistic and love the outdoors.  I am nervous about my surgery but am keeping an open and hopeful mind!  

I did not know but we already have one on the forum here!!!! 

Judi2
on 11/13/14 1:04 am
RNY on 12/08/14

Hi Carey,

I am having surgery on December 8th. I can't wait! I see all these pictures of the before and afters and can't imagine myself there. Getting a bit nervous about the actual surgery but I'm sure I'll be fine. Yay us!

Carey W.
on 11/27/14 3:57 pm
RNY on 12/04/14

I am so nervous too!!! one week away for me!

clr055
on 11/13/14 1:41 am - Lewisville, ID

Hi!! I am having RNY surgery December 2nd at 7 a.m. at Portneuf Medical Center in Pocatello, Idaho with Dr. Arian Garay. (I have a hot surgeon, I should just share that right now! lol) I am a paralegal at a personal injury and workers compensation law firm in the small Idaho town I grew up in. I am a sole supporting single mother to my 12 year old daughter whom is the light of my world. I am having surgery for her, so that I can be around long enough to take care of her because I am all she has. I have never had surgery and I am kind of scared. I started my pre-op diet on Monday (low fat, low carb, low sugar and had to give up my beloved wine *sniffles*) and have lost 6 pounds so far! I am down 36 pounds total since I started this! Am so happy to meet you all

Carey W.
on 11/27/14 3:58 pm
RNY on 12/04/14

Good luck to you!  I am a mother to two teen girls, 17 and soon to be 16.  I want to travel with them, and be a great gma to their future kids... and I want to be happily active again!

Amy R.
on 11/13/14 2:10 am

Not sure if you know this, but OH has pre-set groups for each month/year of those having surgery.  So there is already a group established for Dec 2014 (although I see no one has posted yet) at December 2014 surgeries.

Groups are set up all the way through 2015 I think.  

Just thought I'd send out a heads up.  Best of luck to you on your surgery.

Carey W.
on 11/27/14 3:59 pm
RNY on 12/04/14

I had no idea... I find this forum hard to navigate.  Thanks!  i will just delete mine and edit my post to include the actual one.

knolmom
on 11/13/14 11:47 am

Hi, I'm Mary from Suffern NY, having surgery on Dec3@ Columbia Presbyterian Hospital in New Yourk city. Just this week, my surgery date was advanced from Jan14 so I have little time to worry. I started my modified fast on October 30 while starting my vacation in Florida. I came down because my surgery had been pushed back to January, so now I am hustling again. I know I lost weight but I have no scale here and hope to be surprised when I get home. I have decided that this is the way I will treat my weight loss going forward...every pound lost after surgery will be one that I could not have lost on my own. I will not obsess over fits and starts and stalls.

i am a little older than most folks here, and a little heavier, and certainly have a few more risk factors, but if I remain the wY zi am, I will not be able to care for myself or my husband as we get older, nor will I be able to enjoy doing the things we love to do. I have some mobility issues that will not be resolved by WLS, but it will be a lot easier to get around with 100 or so less pounds. I am apprehensive, but not scared. I am scared of having to live into old age like I am now.

Carey W.
on 11/27/14 4:00 pm
RNY on 12/04/14

good for you, I keep pushing my fears aside and thinking good positive thoughts.  I was 397 in December and am 359 right now.

Ckaymo23
on 11/15/14 5:55 am

Hi all! My surgery is December 1st in Atlanta Ga!  Very excited to get it all started!

Most Active
Recent Topics