post op 4days how do I get rid of all this trapped air in my belly

mhaslett1
on 11/23/14 11:11 am - lakeland, FL

I have gas pain post op and I'm having a very hard time getting it out. Does anyone know how to get rid of it? 

MandyLeigh
on 11/23/14 2:33 pm

I havent had surgery yet but everyone has told me to walk as much as you can when that happens! 

-Mandy Leigh :)

jaxie77
on 11/23/14 7:51 pm - Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

I've not had surgery yet either , but have heard the same as above , the walking as much as you can ...but also , peppermint tea is supposed to be very good for it ! I just bought a box yesterday as another addition to my ' supplies 'for afterwards :) ....my surgery is December 16th . 

Good luck with everything xxx 

Jax x

(deactivated member)
on 11/23/14 8:58 pm
with

I had my surgery on 11/19 and came home on 11/21 full of gas and really uncomfortable.  It finally began moving late Saturday night nd by yesterday most of it had finally moved out and I felt a lot better.  Keep moving as much as you can and try to relax your stomach muscles when you can, especially in the restroom.  Hang in there!

GodsChildII
on 11/23/14 10:04 pm - Seattle , WA
RNY on 08/05/14

Walking! You really have to get moving even if it's laps around your kitchen table! I used Extra strength GAsX strips (they dissolve on your tongue) and I tried to keep moving. It will dissipate just hang in there!

mhaslett1
on 11/23/14 10:19 pm - lakeland, FL

thank you all so much I'm doing so much better I started doing a lot more walking and it finally released the demons. Lol...pain is much less now.  

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 452 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 409 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 348 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 348 views