Day 2 of the pre-op diet...

sqlchick19
on 12/2/14 10:53 am
RNY on 12/15/14

protein shakes, veggies and broth.  The trifecta of disgustingness...in my opinion.  

Well...to be completely honest...they were each actually tasty first thing yesterday...but now after 2 days of eating nothing but protein shakes (artificial sweetner...yuck!), frozen veggies and broth...I'm not sure how I'm going to last 2 weeks!!

I think I can, I think I can....

Banded 12/18/08.  Band removed and revision to RNY on 12/15/14.

princessjess73
on 12/2/14 11:07 am - Lees Summit, MO

I only got clears and proteins! I did feel it got easier!

Zonechef
on 12/2/14 11:47 am
RNY on 12/03/14

Thanks for your encouragement on my post. I feel you. If nothing else for me the time flew (a bit too fast..until surgery day? Wishing you all the best!!

poet_kelly
on 12/2/14 12:20 pm - OH

You're going to last two weeks because you're going to stay focused on the end goal.  It will be hard, but you can do hard things.  You will feel stronger knowing you can do it.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

mschwab
on 12/2/14 12:20 pm
RNY on 11/21/14

It will get easier. Hang in there. It's worth it.  You're worth it.

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

Franny1977
on 12/2/14 12:40 pm - Canada

You will be fine just stay positive just thing of the big picture I have been there 5 weeks ago on protein only for 3 week.

countrybella
on 12/2/14 10:06 pm - Ashton, Canada

You are SO lucky you can have veggies. I am on 3 weeks of the Optifast diet (ONLY allowed 4 x Optifast 900 shakes per day, broth, SF jello, SF popsicles (which are IMPOSSIBLE to find) and SF drinks (but limited to 2 cups per day).... My surgery is Dec. 19! I would KILL for some protein, veggies, or ANYTHING. This is by far one of the most difficult things I have EVER done. I get so frustrated as most people only have to do a week, sometimes 2.... some even just a day or two before surgery! THIS FEELS LIKE TORTURE...

However - EYE ON THE PRIZE!!!!! Will be so worth it in the end.

What is your surgery date? We can do this, hang in there! Many people have told me that this gets easier day by day, which is sometimes hard to believe at this time of year.... everything is based on food.... Billboards, radio commercials, TV commercials, people talking in public, going shopping there is delicious food everywhere, the café at work smells DELICIOUS all day long, etc. I could go on forever. It's a choice we made, and we are VERY lucky!! Will be hard, but, WE'VE GOT THIS!!! I have done nothing but browse this forum for days on end now, it helps so much!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!!!

sqlchick19
on 12/2/14 10:15 pm
RNY on 12/15/14

Oh I hear ya....I can only imagine how hard it is with no veggies!  I found SF Popsicles yesterday...Popsicle brand were made w Nutrisweet, the store brand were made with sucralose...I opted for the sucralose.  The protein I'm drinking has sucralose too...and I think it's giving me a headache.  (Or maybe the lack of carbs is...or lack of coffee...lol).  

Maybe you can make your own slushies with ice, crystal light and a blender???

My surgery is scheduled to 12/15.   Want to keep in touch to cheer each other on?

Banded 12/18/08.  Band removed and revision to RNY on 12/15/14.

countrybella
on 12/2/14 10:44 pm - Ashton, Canada

Thanks for the tips, will definitely try them out. Yes, it is so hard without even vegetables. Day 2 and 3 I cried a lot, the evenings of day 3 and 4 I literally went home from work and slept! It's the easiest way to keep my mind off of it. I guess if I get a little extra sleep over the next 3 weeks, its not necessarily a bad thing!!

Absolutely I would love to keep in touch to cheer each other on!! I added you as a friend on here, I am pretty new to this forum thing so will do my best to make it happen! :-)

How many more days of your pre-op diet then? Mine is 16 including today! Feels like an eternity - especially at Christmas time!!! I guess there is never a "good time" though!!!

I have the headaches too - usually about 2:00 p.m. every day. I also have been having TERRIBLE nightmares. My husbands Christmas party is this weekend, we never miss it as it is amazing, but I think I am going to opt out and have my momma over to watch movies with me instead. Might be easier on me.

Berryhoosier
on 12/2/14 11:57 pm
RNY on 12/17/14

Today is day 1 of shake diet for me.  I'm singing the Taylor Swift song, "I'm just gonna shake shake shake."  I experimented before hand, and I find the sugar free Torani syrups really add to the flavor.  I like the mint in a chocolate shake, hazelnut in a latte flavored shake, and gingerbread in vanilla.  It will all be worth it!

Most Active
Recent Topics