Not tolerating soft foods

igabriel323
on 12/18/14 2:41 am
with

1 month since I had the surgery and I am not tolerating soft foods.  I went back to liquids.  Any advice? Or similar situation? 

Sarahakers11
on 12/18/14 2:53 am - Culpeper, VA
RNY on 06/04/13 with

what is an example of some of the soft foods you are eating. and by "not tolerating" what exactly is happening.  Just want to provide the best advice.  If you eating a lot of dairy some people become lactose intolerant.  Some people think string cheese is soft some dont you may want to try something very mushy like maybe some cottage cheese (unless thats what your eating and its bothering you ) then maybe refried beans. 

HW - 297  start of Pre-op - 290.2   SW- 279.2   GW - 145    

The Depressed Hiker Blog

A middle aged over the hump and over what "I'm suppose to do" woman, with the wild spirit and a nasty case of depression and anxiety!

igabriel323
on 12/18/14 3:03 am
with

I had a scrambled and I vomit.

The same w hard boil.

Tried ultra slim cheese with ultra thin ham the same.

Flaky fi****ime ok 2nd attempt vomitted.

I guess it's trial and error.

Only thing that goes down well is yogurt and cream of wheat. But I need my protein. 

Sarahakers11
on 12/18/14 3:11 am, edited 12/18/14 3:13 am - Culpeper, VA
RNY on 06/04/13 with

Eggs are hard for a lot of people I could only eat them very soft scrambled with cheese.  Try refried beans or just make sure you are chewing until it's literally mush! I was able to tolerate ground meats if I chewed them well it had to be really soft.  Chicken was okay if it was dark meat.  Deli meat was an issue for a long time.  If your vomiting it sounds like maybe it's getting stuck if you know you aren't eating to much.  Try tiny tiny bites really slow and chew till your not even sure it's still there!   See if that helps 

HW - 297  start of Pre-op - 290.2   SW- 279.2   GW - 145    

The Depressed Hiker Blog

A middle aged over the hump and over what "I'm suppose to do" woman, with the wild spirit and a nasty case of depression and anxiety!

Sarahakers11
on 12/18/14 3:12 am - Culpeper, VA
RNY on 06/04/13 with
igabriel323
on 12/18/14 3:06 am
with

I'm going to try beans tonight.

Tx

clr055
on 12/18/14 5:53 am - Lewisville, ID

You won't regret it! SO good!

Ocalasam
on 12/18/14 3:25 am
RNY on 12/18/12

I am almost 2 years out and I still have trouble with eggs and some kinds of fish.  I couldn't tolerate eggs or fish for months.  Try different things that are less dense.   It's different for everyone.  Refried beans and cheese, greek yogurt with some fruit, things like that are good to start out with.

(deactivated member)
on 12/18/14 3:56 am

I add vanilla protein powder to my yogurt some days.Eggs a lot of people have problem with them. I did when I started out.I still have to be careful.

I had a problem I was eating too fast and that screwed me up. 

I hope you feel better.

Patm
on 12/18/14 5:06 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Almost three years out and scrambled eggs do not sit well. Poached for some reason are easier to digest. Try other soft foods. Good luck

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 461 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 356 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 356 views