Surgery Thursday and still hurting...

bearcatmom3
on 3/15/15 11:36 am

I swear I'm not complaining. I feel like im doing great. I am wondering how many days/weeks till your incision and stuff stopped hurting. 

TimeForMe61
on 3/15/15 12:28 pm - Lancaster, PA
RNY on 01/22/15

I'm 7 weeks out and I was still having pain at my 10 day post op visit and was given new prescription of dilautid (to crush) since I hadn't been taking the liquid pain meds because of itchiness. I ended up taking 1 pill the next day and never had to take the rest of them. With that said, I still fell discomfort and pulling until about 3 weeks out. It does get better!! It took me until about the 5 week mark to feel like myself completely.

goi

gh

Poodlemac
on 3/15/15 1:05 pm
RNY on 09/26/14

Yes, I'm sorry to say it took several weeks for the incision discomfort to completely subside, but nothing I couldn't live with. 

selhard
on 3/15/15 1:15 pm, edited 3/15/15 1:17 pm - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

For our information, what is your pain level using the 1-10 pain scale?  My pain was about a 6 in the hospital, 5 when I got home, under 5 within two weeks, and zero by three weeks.  (I was more tired than in pain)  Sidenote:  I heard of a new pain scale different than the 1-10 pain scale.  Instead of 1-10, it used 1-up to stepping on a Lego.  ha!ha!

bearcatmom3
on 3/15/15 1:52 pm

Current level with codiene is 7-8. I hurt the most when I lay down. I feel the best when I move around a little. My problem is the codiene makes me sleepy and earlier I almost fell off the couch. I have to lay down then. Lol I can't just be normal. 

I know I'm gonna be ok. This pain will be worth those dr visits when I get a healthier report. I just keep that in my head and Push thru it.

bearcatmom3
on 3/15/15 1:54 pm, edited 3/15/15 2:35 pm

And I love that pain scale especially since I have Lego loving boys at home. 

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 430 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 510 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 492 views