Enjoying FIESTA & food festivals post-op...

NinaCanDOit
on 4/21/15 11:44 am
RNY on 06/27/14

I attended my first Fiesta San Antonio event tonight and I had a blast.  Fiesta is a nearly 2 week event in San Antonio that is basically a giant citywide party with lots of food and drinks.  My favorite event has always been NIOSA (Night In Old San Antonio) which is downtown and consists of tons of food booths representing the different foods of varying groups/nationalities/cultures in Texas.  The servings are small, people buy from practically every booth and drink lots of beer while making the rounds of the historic district.  Though I've never been a drinker, I have spent many a NIOSA eating way too much and feeling so full I could pop as I was walking back to the car.

Initially I thought I might avoid Fiesta altogether, but I got an invitation I couldn't say no to.  I looked up the offerings in advance, made a game plan and I'm so happy it all worked out.  I decided on the beef anticuchos and I figured if I couldn't fini**** I'd toss it.  It ended up being about a 2 oz serving (4 1" cubes on a stick), so it was perfect for me.  I also split a queso flameado with a friend, only I didn't eat the tortilla, or the chorizo, I just picked at the cheese.  That along with a water as we were walking in and out was my sum total intake for NIOSA and it was perfect.  We walked a lot, socialized, saw a lot of familiar faces and just had a great time.   I had something in my hands at all times, I wasn't hungry, I wasn't tempted by all of the variety because I was full.  Also, there was so much chatter it didn't seem strange that I wasn't keeping up with everyone food wise.

I think I get nervous going back into situations and places that were rough for me before, but I'm figuring out that with a little planning there is nothing I can't handle.  (sigh) My new normal is wonderful, lovely and stress free. 

Anyone else have some strategies to share on these types of food centered events?

HW - 392 * CW - 200 * * * Lost - 192, To Goal - 40

"almost there,...keep going,...stay focused,...eyes on the prize" - the guy at my gym

Doingrightin2015
on 4/21/15 7:03 pm
RNY on 03/10/15

WTG!!! Sounds like you did fantastic!! I think it is all in getting a mind set. Have a game plan and stick with it, and make it about something besides food!!!

Doingitright2015

HW in life 282 HW265 at start SW 244 CW170