Three week stall :( not happy!

Missmandy24
on 5/15/15 8:28 am

It's so frustrating for me to hear from other people how good I look and they want to know how much more I have lost... When Monday I was 279 and each day since I have been at 280.something. Blah! 

Thabk god god I have been on here long enough to know that this stall is a thing! But crap I have totally upped my excersise (still only walking it much longer and faster paced and daily!). And I have finally managed to fit in the protien I need and the freakin scale won't move!! What am I doing wrong?!? Following my plan to a freakin T is getting me no where it seems! I really hope this stall is short lived because I didn't go through all the he double hockey sticks the past few weeks to not freakin be losing anything. 

Thanks for for letting me vent! :(

hl1524
on 5/15/15 9:54 am - Austin, TX

Keep your eye on the prize. Think about all of the positive life changes you have made on the way. The scale is a jerk and we all go through periods of being angry or disappointed at the number. 

RNY 8/27/2014

Marys1521
on 5/15/15 3:36 pm

I gained ten " fluid" pounds in the hospital and after four days, they are still there!

cknapek
on 5/16/15 6:02 pm - Shabbona, IL
RNY on 11/21/14

I have this happen every few weeks... and I will go two (once even 3.5) weeks without losing anything. And sticking to the plan religously. Then, suddenly, five to 9 pounds comes off in a matter of days. I still average 7-10 pounds a month anyway, and am meeting all goals. I find some times it is more due to constipation and getting fluids in.... just keep sticking with the plan, don't weigh in so often. Measure instead. Pounds might not move, but your body will still surprise you and get smaller despite not losing pounds. Weird. 

Jennifer K.
on 5/18/15 12:46 pm - Phoenix , AZ

Now is the perfect time to measure yourself and check inches. Its amazing how when the scale stops, the inches start moving and clothes start getting too big.

Its also a good time to celebrate NSV (non scale victories). How do you feel? More energy? Are you able to do something more easily now that before? Is there something you can do now you couldn't before? Something you are considering doing you would never before? While we all focus on the scale there are many other things to look at as well that can help keep us motivated towards reaching our goals.

Plateau's are normal and happen.. as long as you stick with your plan and follow the guidelines you were given the scale will start to move again.

First visit to surgeon - 288 ~ bmi 45.1
2 week pre-op 252 ~ bmi 39.5
Total lost - 153 Since surgery - 117!
Goal weight - 155 (mine) 180 (surgeons)
Current weight - 135 (2020 I lost 10lbs due to dedicating myself to working out more and being in better shape)

Extended TT, lipo, fat injections - 11/2011

BA/BL/Arm Lift - 7/2014

Scar revision on arms - 3/2015

HALO laser on arms/neck 9/2016

Thigh lift 10/2020

Missmandy24
on 5/18/15 6:04 pm

Thanks. I did lose inches. And I am wearing smaller clothes. I was afraid to put on smaller stuff because I don't see a smaller person yet. But I did and they fit! I even shopped at old navy this weekend!! So yes I had a few days of all out frustration but now I am doing a lot better! Thanks!

Most Active
Recent Topics