3 days out and questions?

Marys1521
on 5/15/15 2:21 pm

day threes out.. I should have gotten down two Bariatric shakes by now,(5:00) but have only gotten down one. I'm supposed to have  had 24 oz. of water at least and have only gotten in about 17. I have had two Popsicles and 2 Sugar Free Jellos so I know that helps. I feel as though I will throw up if I drink another sip of protein shake. I have not taken my anti- nausea medicine since day one. Should I start that back up? I know y'all are not doctors but I wanted some help and opinions because I feel as though I am floundering...

cpower100
on 5/15/15 3:17 pm

I am four days out so in the same boat.  I am finding there is no room for anything but the straight liquids.  I start off the day with a protein shake.  I mix 1.5 cups skim milk with one scoop of powder and I sip on it throughout an hour time frame.  Then I fill a 20 oz water bottle and sip on that until it is time for my "lunch" Shake.  I do the same thing and fill up another 20 oz water bottle to sip on until my "dinner" snake.  Using milk instead of water increases the protein numbers for the day.  It's not perfect but I'm hoping that each day I will be able to tolerate a little more, that seems to be the case so far. 

Marys1521
on 5/15/15 3:53 pm

Tomorrow is another day and today isn't over yet! 

wls3xacharm
on 5/17/15 3:41 pm

I am in the same boat. I am not hungry  and it's hard to force the liquids  in. I am trying  so hard. I don't want to get dehydrated. We can do this!

Marys1521
on 5/17/15 4:59 pm

I have finally had a better day today. I hope what I'm doing now is ok, but it is working for me. I have ditched the protein shakes for right now. They were making me nausaus at even the thought of having one. Today I had 1/2 C. Applesauce and mixed in 20 grams of unflavored protein powder.  Since I was so nausaus all day yesterday, I added a little ginger and then some cinnamon.Lunch was sugar free chocolate pudding with 20 grams of protein mixed in with it. I personally like coconut and mixed a tiny bit of sugar free coconut syrup in with it... So far, so good. Dinner, I actually enjoyed! I made the protein powder into a thin paste. I put it into low sodium chicken broth and heated it up nice and warm. I put some seasonings into it. As you can imagine, since I feel guilty ofpver not having a protein shake, I have been extra careful trying to get in my liquids. Like you, the last thing I want is to become dehydrated! How has your day been?

wls3xacharm
on 5/17/15 7:21 pm

I like  the idea of the Protien  in the apple sauce  and pudding.  What brand of unflavored  Protien  powder  are you using. I did well on my protien. I mixed the 1.5 scoops of protien (30g) with 8 Oz of light soy milk. So its about 36 g of protien  in each drink. It taste  so much like a milk shake. But it takes me so long  to drink it down that  is warm close to the end.  I also love the cran lemonade. How much are you walking? My left side is really  sore and I need a refill on my pain medication. I been walking often but I'm not sure if it's making my left side worst.