struggling to lose weight on the prepop diet

kim_pei
on 5/16/15 10:06 pm, edited 5/16/15 10:07 pm - Canada

Hi all,

I am on day 11(as of midnight) of an 18 day preop diet and am struggling to lose weight.  I am down 6 pounds. I weighed 331 and have been on the slim time 800 cal per day - 4 shakes and water only all this time.  I go for the weigh in Tuesday and am just not dropping weight and I have not cheater once and been determined from the start.  What can I do??  

Kim

Jessca
on 5/16/15 10:25 pm
RNY on 04/20/15

How many ounces of liquid are you getting a day?

HW 313 SW 273 CW 208

M1 - 25 M2 - 10 M3 - 12 M4 - 9 M5 - 5 M6 - 4

kim_pei
on 5/16/15 10:42 pm - Canada

I am doing the 4 shakes with 2 cups of water with each and 2-3 litres a day of water besides

mornings
on 5/16/15 11:37 pm - Canada

im on mine as well but  I cant get down only but 2  didn't get on a scale either I don't feel any different ,  the pre op diet I think is more to do with the fat on your liver there trying to reduce that  for surgery , but you will lose weight im sure  the  only thing  is some of the shakes like my glucernia has over 200 cals a bottle

Doingrightin2015
on 5/17/15 4:51 am
RNY on 03/10/15

Hang in there. Everyone loses differently. As long as you are following the plan and doing what you were told to do you will be fine. Every pound lost will help!!

Doingitright2015

HW in life 282 HW265 at start SW 244 CW170

chulbert
on 5/17/15 5:52 am - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

You've lost six pounds in 11 days.  Just how fast did you think you'd lose?

The Salty Hag
on 5/17/15 6:31 am
RNY on 05/20/13

You're doing what you need to do. Not everyone will drop lots of weight on a pre-op diet. I was on Optifast for 30 days, and I "only" lost 13 lbs. Other people going through my doc's program at the same time as me lost way more. I even gained one week...and I hadn't cheated. 

Just keep doing what you're doing. You've done well. 

I know it is difficult not to, but don't compare your loss to other people's; especially after surgery. You will lose at the pace you should be losing. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

lynnc99
on 5/17/15 6:39 am

Yes.

Exactly.

We struggle to lose weight, even when we follow a liquid diet. That's what brought us to the surgery option.

You're experiencing that "same old same old" feeling right now, but you're also doing your body a world of GOOD in terms of shrinking the liver and cleaning things out so the doc has a little extra space to do what s/he needs to do when surgery day rolls around.

Be patient with your body. It's one of the first lessons of this whole journey.

Best wishes to you!

(deactivated member)
on 5/17/15 8:32 am

Follow the plan the doctor gave you. Think about the things you will be able to do after surgery. Try to stay positive. Sorry I don't have much more to help. 

Best Wishes to you.

Kathyjs
on 5/17/15 9:42 am

As long as you are following the plan to the T don't sweat it, as others have said , it's the fat by your liver the surgeons are concerned with. I had to do 6 months. Congrats on your choice to have a whole new healthy life

Most Active
Recent Topics