I Wish I Could Say - I'm Just Not That Hungry

mrs_smith_canada
on 6/15/15 1:44 pm

I recall the early day's and even years post surgery. I would have to force myself to eat! I was never hungry... I was also intolerant to bread of any kind, pork, beef, sugar and any kind of fried food. 

It was impossible to eat those things. Even the sensation of steak or bread in my mouth would cause me to want to spit it out. And my tummy was just not hungry! 

This has changed with time. In the last three years I have been able to add back in bread and meat - and although I don't eat like a normal person - I am a GBP grazer! yes I admit it - I admit to one little something something - then another something something. I do feel the feeling of "hunger" and when I do I eat. Even if I eat the right things (because I have very little junk around me, as I'm the first to admit I'm a sober food addict who is just on the wagon) - those right things often equal too many calories - and yes, rebound weight! Add in some wine and you are way over the limit! 

I am trying to go down to 1200/calories a day which was wisely suggested by some friends in the general forum. But I am curious to hear from others who were never hungry before and now have an appetite that they are conscience of and have to "manage" to stay on track. 

Have a great Monday evening friends! 

07-01-2011 SW 311 LBS

WEIGHT LOSS PRE-SURGERY 37 LBS

SURGERY DATE 10-06-2011 274 LBS 

GOAL WEIGHT 145 

CW 143 

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/15/15 2:45 pm

low carbs diet - moderate proteins, moderate fat - curbs my appetite. 

20-40gr of carbs, 60-80 gr of proteins, 80-90 gr of fat.

This is my macro.  to lose weight. Moderate exercise - 

No grains,  no fruits. no dairy (allergies) . 

I eat meat, fish, eggs, non starchy veggies, nuts.. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

birdiegirl
on 6/16/15 4:19 am

Similar to what H.a.l.a. said.

The first few days are the toughest as you detox from simple carbs and sugar.  Once you get thru this period the hunger abates.  I drink A LOT of water..lol.  and coffee. 

I truly find the longer I go limiting my food the better I am.  Some days I just feel empty and its tough - so I find something to occupy myself until its time for my next protein forward meal.

Good luck

Kathyjs
on 6/17/15 8:48 am

Start small so you don't feel like. Omg another diet. By starting small I mean 1. Get the bread out of the house. Then go from there. You know what you are doing wrong and you can correct this. It's hard !!!