OptiFast Pre Op Diet

LuckyDogg
on 6/24/15 5:06 pm

I am on day 2 of my optifast pre-op diet.   While it's not awful, it could certainly be better!   Anybody have any ideas to improve the taste, especially the shakes.   Bars are fine, and soup I've been able to add some seasoning to make it more palatable.  Thanks to anyone who can suggest an idea to try.  

The Salty Hag
on 6/24/15 7:12 pm
RNY on 05/20/13

Maybe some vanilla extract ( non alcohol )? I'd suggest the sugar free Torani or Da Vinci syrups, but the shakes are already pretty sweet and with the syrups-might be too sweet. Maybe alcohol free extracts/flavoring for those too? 

I actually liked the shakes pretty well without adding anything to them. I think I'm in the minority there. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/25/15 4:26 am

I used decaff coffee to mix with the chocolate or vanilla. Made them less sweet - almost like iced coffee. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

The Salty Hag
on 6/25/15 8:13 am
RNY on 05/20/13

Damn, why didn't I do that? LOL

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/25/15 8:20 am

we need to make a date... I can show you a few tricks.. Now i am on waffles train. Make waffles daily... I make coconut waffles (use coconut flour and..sometimes I add proteins)   plus a few more things.. 

let me know how is your summer schedule.. weekends are my BF time- and I work - so I am not sure if you have any evenings you need to get away from the family.. 

if not - we can meet for lunch. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 489 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 388 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 378 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 317 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 21 replies · 158 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?