One Step Forward Two Steps Back...

Stacy C.
on 7/31/15 5:19 am

Hello, I am just over 2 months post op and for the most part I do feel like I am VERY slowly getting back to normal but this past week has been a completely different story. I have no diet restrictions but honestly I still eat mostly soft food and my eating habits have not really changed since I hit the soft food phase over a month ago. That is why I dont get what my deal has been. I have felt sick for most of the past week and I don't understand why. I have been eating the same stuff I did last week and I only drink water. Has anyone else had a simular problem? Any advice for what I can do to not feel so icky? Thanks for all your help!

White Dove
on 7/31/15 5:51 am - Warren, OH

I could just be a virus.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

peachpie
on 7/31/15 6:29 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Though I have not felt similar--  a few thoughts:

The doctors progression into a regular diet is a guideline. Listen to your body first-- if your comfortable on soft foods and can meet protein goals-- continue, but I'd encourage you to gradually try to introduce new ''regular' foods too.  There's no reason the transition has to be cut and dry.

Also, if you have dairy in your diet-- RNY folks tend to get sensitive to lactose-- maybe try lactose free products?  Finally, I think our bodies can at any time 'reject'  something we've been eating-- our systems our adapting to a multitude of changes. Maybe elimination of the one thing you 'rely' on the most may be necessary to see if your body responds accordingly?

Just some thoughts...

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

cheapskate
on 7/31/15 7:07 am
RNY on 03/30/15

I am 4 months out yesterday and only the past 2 weeks have I started dense proteins. Even then I am not always tolerating them. Listen to your body, make sure you get your protein in,and plow forward!

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/31/15 7:45 am

Dehydration.. Or virus. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Corrie33
on 7/31/15 2:38 pm
RNY on 02/09/15

I was sick all the way up to the beginning of my 5th month.  I was vomiting several times a day, several days a week.  I went back to the surgeon 3 times - he just kept telling me to slow down, but I already was going really slow.  He finally put me back on the Protonix, and gave me an 'as needed' pill for the nausea.  That helped, but I think it was just time that made it finally go away.  I'm almost 6 months now and haven't vomited in 3 weeks.  

I hope it gets better for you, too.

GOAL REACHED! 170 lbs lost...

RNY: 2/9/15 (age 52), Ht-5'9" HW=304, SW=292, GW=155, LW=134, CW=147

Mo.1 -29lbs Mo.2 -18lbs Mo.3 -13lbs Mo.4 -11lbs Mo.5 - 14lbs Mo.6 - 10lbs Mo. 7 -11lbs Mo. 8 -9.4lbs

kim_pei
on 8/6/15 5:49 pm - Canada

Hi...hope you are feeling better.   I am a little over 2 months too and have felt the same way.   Still on mostly soft foods and protein drinks.   As long as you are taking all your vitamins...getting your protein in and drinking enough water don't sweat it.  I find some days I feel good and others I don't.   I try some solid food. ..it i**** or miss. I go back to soft and try it again another day. Don't be hard on yourself and don't try to be like anyone else. Take your time.  Now that you have had the surgery take one day at a time and remember that your learning new habits slowly. That way they become a life style.. best of luck....Kim

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 469 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 428 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 360 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 444 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 360 views