worried I won't lose enough for my doctor

(deactivated member)
on 8/2/15 5:15 pm
RNY on 09/14/15

My surgery is September 14th. I've been really bad eating whatever I want I gained maybe 10 lbs since I started all this in February. I have 6 weeks left starting tomorrow I am going to be on the liquid diet for 3 weeks and I know I'll do good on that. Should I be eating healthy now? I'm not too bad just eating like I usually do but that's what got me here in the first place. I just hope I'm okay.

Sherrie P.
on 8/2/15 5:49 pm
RNY on 02/06/13

The more you can lose now the less you have to lose later. Not sure what your stats are but YES. Healthy is better.

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

Felicity Q.
on 8/2/15 7:06 pm
DS on 09/28/15

I treated my pre-surgery period before my Lap-Band as if it were my last days on earth - eating all of my trigger foods, my favorite restaurants, and basically binging - knowing that once I had the lap-band I wouldn't be able to any longer. This was such a huge mistake!  Thankfully, my insurance / surgeon did not require any weight loss on my own before the surgery. In fact, all that was said was "Don't binge before your surgery" which I ignored.

After the lap-band liquid/pureed diet times were over, I went back to my old habits and expected my tool to do the work for me. I ate bad things and was somehow surprised that I wasn't losing weight. I wasn't mentally ready to "give up" on my food addiction!

Fast forward 4 years to today - I am waiting for approval on my revision to RNY surgery. During this process, I decided that in order to show my commitment to the program and lifelong eating changes, I would start my post-recovery diet NOW (just a little bigger on the portions, obviously!) and see if I can stick to it.  So far, it's working out well! I haven't been perfect, but I am eating much better and feeling more confident that I *WILL* be successful with my RNY surgery.  A huge PLUS to this process is that I don't feel guilty when I eat. Furthermore, I feel mentally and emotionally ready to take the plunge and COMMIT to this lifestyle change.

Looking back, I wish I had committed in advance of my Lap-Band by starting to eat healthy and mentally prepare for the post-surgery lifestyle. If I had, maybe I would have been more successful and healthy and finished with my weight loss!

Not sure if any of this is helpful, but I definitely wanted to chime in. :)

Lap-Band 2011 | DS Revision 9/28/15 | HW: 380 in 2011 | GW: 140

Blog: http://felicitywls.blogspot.com/ | Twitter: @FelicityQ13

(deactivated member)
on 8/2/15 7:22 pm
RNY on 09/14/15

Yes thank you i mean I know I need to and I don't binge persay but I just don't eat healthy but I will next week my 2 weeks before my official diet I hope to be ok :)

Deby4fsu
on 8/3/15 8:06 am

I did exactly what you've done. Once I knew I was going to have surgery, I started eating anything I wanted, as much as I wanted and drinking more than I should have (my doctor recommends no alcohol for 8 months post surgery). This is my one big regret because I have lost 60+ so far (3 months) and I would have started another 20 lbs lighter at surgery. Don't do it! Good luck with surgery. I have never felt better.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 429 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 362 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 446 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 362 views