Weight gain

Terrie W.
on 8/2/15 7:53 pm - Iuka, Ms

Anyone giving problem keeping wright down? I am 14 years out RNY. Craving carbs ALL the time

cc583
on 8/2/15 9:06 pm - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

I haven't had surgery yet but have looking around low carb options and found this the other day. I haven't tried this dough out but it has lots of good reviews. Take a look at the website. Let me know if you decide to try it and like it. Good luck with those nasty cravings.

http://www4.netrition.com/glc_bread_company_pizza_crust.html#REVIEW_SECTION

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

rocky513
on 8/2/15 9:11 pm - WI

The more carbs you eat.... the more you crave.  If you want the cravings to stop, you will have to eliminate ALL simple, processed carbs from your diet.  Get rid of the bread, crackers, pasta, rice, potatoes, sugary foods, etc.  Stick to dense protein and veggies.  Limit fruit to one serving per day and pick low glycemic fruits like strawberries or raspberries.  The body reacts to fruit the same way it reacts to candy and can cause cravings for carbs and weight gain.   You will probably have to white knuckle it for a few weeks, but the cravings will disappear once you detox from the crappy carbs.

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

lynnc99
on 8/2/15 10:43 pm

If you give in to the cravings, you'll gain weight. Simple carbs and sugar are our undoing, plain and simple. 

I am 6 years out and stumbled during 2014. (It was my mom's fault! She stayed with us in FL and we HAD to buy treats for her! Yeah. Right.) I regained 35 lbs. 

What it took to finally get the scale inching in the right direction was going through the cabinets and purging all the junk that had found its way in. I tossed, donated, and gave stuff away to the young family next door. They were glad to have it - and I was glad to see it go. 

Next step is to get back on the straight and narrow. Give yourself credit for what you are doing right - be i****er, vitamins, a little exercise, or whatever it may be. But the food going into your mouth MUST be protein centered first. Then complex carbs - the fancy way of saying vegetables. Add a little fruit, and a greek yogurt if you want. 

But no bread, no pasta, no rice, no cereal, no candy bars, no cookies, no popcorn, no crackers, no pretzels or chips....and you KNOW this. Carbs create craving for more carbs, that's just how it works. 

Go cold turkey. You can do it. You have done it before. You can do hard things. 

And I"ve lost 25 of the regained pounds since December 1, by the way. 

Laura T.
on 8/3/15 8:47 pm - Carthage, NC

Just posted how I've gained back up to 230 and a size 18 pants :( I'm very discouraged. 5 years out. 

Laura T
Whether therefore ye eat or drink, do all to the glory of God.  

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 461 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 356 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 356 views