First NSV's !

kim_pei
on 8/17/15 6:16 pm - Canada

I am 12 weeks out from an RNY and down 62 lbs.  I have never lost that much on my own and that is mind blowing on its own.  My Nsv's are so cool to me. First I had to clean out all my clothes that don't fit now and I literally have half the clothes I used to have.  Second...I gave myself a FULL pedicure...omg the awakening of paying for this all these years. and third I realized I not only feel like a human being again but starting to feel like a woman again!

I feel better ad better every day.  Eating is getting better.  I just take it slow and steady no worries.  Just doing what I know I need to do...taking all my vitamins and supplements...eating properly...no real cheats and no real temptations. I am lazy about exercise but am making it a new goal!  There is always more to do.  Not being 337 lbs   and seeing the scale move down is amazing.

Safe and wonderful journey to you all.

Kim

peachpie
on 8/17/15 6:38 pm - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

First of many I'm sure! Enjoy every one of them!

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

LadyBaltimore
on 8/17/15 8:06 pm
RNY on 07/27/15

Congratulations!    Those are some very exciting NSV's!  

Gifts to yourself,

-LB

I've Come Too Far To Take Orders From A Piece of Bread.

"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

Surgery 7/27/15

44 lbs lost

rainidai
on 8/18/15 1:01 am

Great job! You should be very proud of yourself. Btw what is NSV?

Deanna798
on 8/18/15 4:29 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Non scale victory

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

rainidai
on 8/18/15 5:20 pm

Thank you! 

Corrie33
on 8/18/15 12:04 pm
RNY on 02/09/15

That's wonderful, Kim!  Sounds like you're doing great.  I remember that feeling you described... one day I just woke up and felt like a  "normal" person for the first time in years.  It was awesome!  Keep up the good work.  

GOAL REACHED! 170 lbs lost...

RNY: 2/9/15 (age 52), Ht-5'9" HW=304, SW=292, GW=155, LW=134, CW=147

Mo.1 -29lbs Mo.2 -18lbs Mo.3 -13lbs Mo.4 -11lbs Mo.5 - 14lbs Mo.6 - 10lbs Mo. 7 -11lbs Mo. 8 -9.4lbs

robinreinhardt
on 8/18/15 12:21 pm

Kim,

Thank you for the post. I am so proud of you. Only 12 weeks and you have lost so much already. I totally agree with you. I just was telling my husband yesterday that this is the first time in my life that I have lost weight so fast. When you're up to it you can exercise also. It makes such a big difference. Keep us posted on your journey.

Robin

kim_pei
on 8/25/15 4:32 am - Canada

Thanks Robin....it is sometimes overwhelming to look back on these past few months and see the changes I wanted to start happening and prayed for for so many years.  It's so much more than weight loss to me as a woman.  I am gaining my confidence and femininity back.  As an obese person I became or tried to become invisible because of the shame and guilt.  There were silly everyday things...a hundred times a day that I would berate myself over because I was fat.  Just getting up in the morning and the difficulty with caring for myself...clothing...being in public and the way I moved. I hated it all. I lost myself in the weight...mist really very wonderful to laugh and love knees and elbows....to take pleasure in liking a thirty ....of feeling proud of eating healthy... and a hundred more things than self hate.....best decision ever!

Kim

kim_pei
on 8/25/15 4:35 am - Canada

** not thirty...meant a tshirt. ...typos...yuck lol

Most Active
Recent Topics